We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gomo Gomo Game Lodge - Who has been recently?

Which Timbavati Private Nature Reserve hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
Level Contributor
119 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Gomo Gomo Game Lodge - Who has been recently?

There is only 1 recent review at the Gomo Gomo Game Lodge in Klaserie and then the reviews are from 2009 so a lot can change. Can anyone provide more input about this place? I'm comparing it to another and want to make the right choice. The other I'm comparing it to is Naledi in Balule. Thanks.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,162 posts
5,416 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gomo Gomo Game Lodge - Who has been recently?

We visited for 5 nights in June 2011. This was the best value for money, high game sights (saw all Big Five, but no cheetahs unfortunately) safari we have been to in Africa, having spent lots of time throughout South, Central and East Africa.

Gomo Gomo was genuinely excellent, enough so that we are specifically returning to Kruger for 8 more nights this June, only staying at Gomo Gomo.

Here is our review from last summer. I can only say they are highly recommendable based on our experience. The accommodations are very good, not posh or elegant - just very good for a safari experience. Also, the food, while not excellent is appropriate and there is much more than you need, you'll never go hungry while there. The Safari jeep was probably one of the 2 or 3 very best we've used in our dozens of safari in Africa and India. Our guide was and spotter were equally very good. Lastly, the cost was well below the more luxury resorts in Kruger and much lower than what you must pay in East Africa for safaris in Masai Mara and Serrengeti NPs.

Here is our review from last summer with some pictures of the lodge.

tripadvisor.com/…CHECK_RATES_CONT

You really can't go wrong with Gomo Gomo, they get all the important parts of a safari trip right.

Hope this is useful.

Port Elizabeth
Destination Expert
for South Africa
Level Contributor
6,235 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Gomo Gomo Game Lodge - Who has been recently?

I don't think you looked at the reviews section properly. There are a least 10 from the last 3 months.

Boston
Level Contributor
119 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gomo Gomo Game Lodge - Who has been recently?

Hi,

Yes I did find them. I'm not sure why it showed up a different way when I had searched by date with newest to oldest. I actually have booked with Gomo Gomo. Thanks for all of your input.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,162 posts
5,416 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gomo Gomo Game Lodge - Who has been recently?

Just responded to another post you have. Very good choice, IMO. You will have a great time there.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
77 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gomo Gomo Game Lodge - Who has been recently?

Are all the rooms two bedrooms with shared bath at gomo gomo or do they have chalets for only 2 people?

scotland
Level Contributor
255 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gomo Gomo Game Lodge - Who has been recently?

When we were going (a family of 4), Gomo gomo was recommended as a family resort but there was no availability. Umlani, also Timbavati, was suggested as an alternative, www.umlani.com We went there not really knowing what to expect and had a fabulous safari experience - big 5 most days and loads besides. The accommodation is traditional rondavels & ours had a double & 2 single beds in for the family. They took great care of us & the children (10yrs & 11yrs) were really well looked after & treated. It was truly unforgettable!

Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
1,802 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gomo Gomo Game Lodge - Who has been recently?

Hi Andi,

As far as I know, all Gomo's chalets have two bedrooms, with a shared bathroom in between. If they have couples, they can put one couple in each chalet. If couples or families are prepared to share, they can easily accommodate them in 4-bed chalets.

This allows them to mix their accommodation depending on group make-up, without having some chalets as 2-bed only and others as 4-bed only. This makes good logistical sense.

However, it might be best to mail them directly with your question.

8. Re: Gomo Gomo Game Lodge - Who has been recently?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 pm, January 17, 2016