We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ngala Vs. kings camp

chicago, IL
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
ngala Vs. kings camp

Does anyone know how Ngala compares to Kings Camp? I would appreciate any feedback. thanks

SOUTH AFRICA
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ngala Vs. kings camp

Hi! I have stayed at Kings Camp,Ngala Tented & Ngala Safari Lodge. As I'm not sure which Ngala lodge you are referring to, I will compare all.

The accommodation in the luxury suites at Kings Camps is more luxurious, but their "normal" suites are a lot smaller (still luxurious though, but then not as luxurious as Ngala Tented). Ngala Tented is a very intimate, exclusive and luxurious tented camp. It is the smallest of the mentioned lodges, so if you are looking for luxury and a very exclusive experience, that would be my recommendation.

The food at all 3 lodges is very good. The Ngala lodges are managed by the reputable company called CC Africa - they are renowned for excellent service, and at both Ngala lodges you will experience of the best service in the industry.

Game Viewing is something that can never be predicted, but I have always enjoyed very good game viewing at both Ngala & Kings.

The CC Africa rangers are of the best in the industry, and the rangers who work at both Ngala lodges are no exception, but having said that, it does not mean that the Kings rangers aren't good as well!

I don't know if I've been of much help here - as you can see, the 2 Ngala lodges & Kings are all excellent safari destinations, but if you have any more specific questions, I'll be happy to answer themn for you!

chicago, IL
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: ngala Vs. kings camp

Thanks so much. Your information is quite helpful. Our choice is between the Ngala Lodge and Kings Camp.(not Ngala Tented camp) I have heard alot about CC Africa but was hopeful that the rangers were as good at Kings Camp. If you have been to both , where would you stay if you returned and why? Thanks again - any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated!

chicago, IL
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: ngala Vs. kings camp

Also, the accomodations at Kings Camp are either Luxury Suites or Honeymoon Suites. Which were you referring to ?

SOUTH AFRICA
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ngala Vs. kings camp

The luxurious suites at Kings are the ones that are quite a lot smaller. Asking me which of these 2 lodges I would return to if I had the opportunity again......well, for me it's different, because due to the nature of my work I am fortunate enough to visit safari lodges every 2 weeks, so for me it's never a "once in a lifetime" visit!

If it were me, I would probably choose Ngala, because in general, the game viewing I've enjoyed there has been a bit better, and then, for me, a very big deciding factor, the fact that their rangers are so excellent! But then - my emphasis would be on the whole game viewing experience, and perhaps your emphasis would be on something else, like luxury in accommodation.

If luxury in accommodation is your deciding factor, I would recommend Kings Camp above Ngala Safari Lodge. If you are looking for excellent service, then I would place Ngala above Kings. It all depends on what you're looking for in your safari experience!

I presume that the rates you received for Ngala Safari are quite a lot lower than the ones for Kings?

Tempe, Arizona
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Level Contributor
8,625 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ngala Vs. kings camp

Commenting on rates: Kings Camp has seasonal rates, which - in low season - are quite lower than Nagala Safari Lodge. More than $100USD pp per night less than Ngala Safari Lodge.

High season rates at Kings Camp are about $40USD per person more than the year-round rates at Ngala Safari Lodge.

SOUTH AFRICA
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ngala Vs. kings camp

Hi Bwanadave!I find your comments on the rates interesting - rack rates for low season as follows:

Kings (luxury suites) R2800 pppn

Ngala Safari R2400 pppn (special offer of pay for 3 nights, and receive a 4th night free)

High season:

Kings (luxury suites) R3600 pppn

Ngala Safari R3565 pppn (special offer of pay for 3 nights, and receive a 4th night free)

I would be interested to know what rack rates you are referring to?

Tempe, Arizona
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Level Contributor
8,625 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ngala Vs. kings camp

Well, you got me on the rates... I must have been overworked when I did that math. But, since we are trying to get this right, it does appear that the "pay for 3 and get the 4th free" doesn't apply to the low season R2400 rate. At least, according to the CCAfrica site. (And none of us from outside SA can use the amazing Resident rates they advertise in the Travel section of the newspapers...bummer)

SOUTH AFRICA
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ngala Vs. kings camp

Hi again! Just to clarify - as per the CC Africa website, the Pay for 3, stay for 4 night offer is applicable to both high & low season in 2008, and for all months in 2009 the special offer is valid for travel Sunday - Thursday, but then on a pay for 2, stay for 3 offer.

9. Re: ngala Vs. kings camp

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:21 am, October 04, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Ngala Private Game...