We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Game reserves: Phinda, Ngala & Kirkmans?

seatle
Level Contributor
216 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Game reserves: Phinda, Ngala & Kirkmans?

We are planning a safari for next august and would like any advice on the above destinations?

Is Phinda quite different from ngala? We want to maximize wildlife viewing, but are interested in geographic and topological diversity. (A highlight of a former trip to Namibia was the variation from the sea to the sand dunes to the wildlife reserves).

We've been told that Kirkmans is exceptional for leopard viewing.

Any advice or commentary is appreciated!

SOUTH AFRICA
Level Contributor
2,536 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Game reserves: Phinda, Ngala & Kirkmans?

Phinda is VERY different from Ngala in terms of habitat. Phinda has 7 diverse habitats and is one of the most beautiful private game reserves in South Africa! Yes, Kirkmans is usually very good for leopard viewing! A combination of Kirkmans & Phinda would be exceptional!!

Washington
Level Contributor
30 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Game reserves: Phinda, Ngala & Kirkmans?

I'm not familair with the others, but I stayed at Ngala in October adn it was superb. They couldn't haev done more for us and the guides were amazing at spotting animals. I highly recommend it.

Mytmoss
Level Contributor
432 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Game reserves: Phinda, Ngala & Kirkmans?

I have been both to Ngala and Phinda. I have no plans to return to Ngala and I would love to go back to Phinda for my 3rd time. That says it all.

4. Re: Game reserves: Phinda, Ngala & Kirkmans?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:20 pm, September 15, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Ngala Private Game...