We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cottage central

Which Ruidoso hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Flowood, MS
Level Contributor
169 posts
288 reviews
Save Topic
cottage central

Has anyone stayed at Cottage Central in Ruidoso?

It looks great online, but I can't find any reviews of the place.

Its my first visit so I really want to stay some "authentic southwest", not too touristy. I actually prefer some type of adobe or something of that nature but they all seem to be in Santa Fe. Any suggestions?

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
2,169 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cottage central

I do not have any knowledge of Cottage Central in Ruidoso Kathy, but use the TripAdvisor "Search" for "Cabins, Ruidoso, NM" ...and it will list at least four. They are all located at the northern end of Ruidoso I believe, in a narrow canyon surrounded by pines. I've stayed at the Story Book Cabins, and thought it very nice. But, that was three years ago, so I don't know if things are the same, or worse. You won't find much "adobe" around Ruidoso. :-)

This hasn't been too informative as to your specifics, but I couldn't let you have zero responses. Hopefully, a Ruidosoan will be able to provide more particulars for you.

Flowood, MS
Level Contributor
169 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cottage central

thanks for your response. Actually knowing that there are not "adobe" styles around the area does help because I thought I was not searching correctly and perhaps I was doing something wrong and just could not find them. I guess they are in the Northern part of the state.

Knowing I would not find the adobes I booked at Upper Canyon Inn in Ruidoso, so I can relax a little more. Trip Advisor rates them #1 so hopefully we will not be disappointed.

I do appreciate your response. I hate it when nobody responds :)

Kathy

Ruidoso, New Mexico
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: cottage central

Hi Kathy!

I used to live down the road from Cottage Central. They are small, manufactured "cabins" about 3 feet apart on the busiest street in Ruidoso. Inexpensive, yes. Atmosphere, no.

The best housing value in Ruidoso is the wide selection of vacation rentals...private home available for short stays. Being a resort community makes traditional lodging (motels, etc.) pricey. With a vacation rental you can also specify the amenities you desire...hot tub, secluded, waking distance to town, etc. Some are in wonderfully wooded areas where the kids can run and also feed the deer.

For a wonderful website with a wide selection see www.casasderuidoso.com For an idea of the actvities available for kids see …blogspot.com/2006/…links .

Whatever you decide have a great stay. You'll be back again and again!

Bob

4. Re: cottage central

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, September 03, 2009