We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone with experience Tydon Bush Camp experience?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
49 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone with experience Tydon Bush Camp experience?

I just posted a similar question in the Timbavati Private Game Reserve forum regarding Shindzela tented camp.

If someone has been to Tydon Bush Camp or/and Tydon Safari Camp, how the wildlife experience (game drives) compares to the one with the other moderately priced lodges such as Elephant Plains, Arathusa or Umkumbe? I understand that there are limiting factors such as location and traversing rights, where in your opinion Tydon camps game drives stand comparing to the above mentioned lodges?

In general I and my wife like more adventures and also less expensive accommodations (basic tented camps), but if this means compromise with game drive and wildlife quality we would book a lodge.

Thank you in advance for your opinions!

Tempe, Arizona
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Level Contributor
8,363 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone with experience Tydon Bush Camp experience?

In my opinion - Elephant Plains & Arathusa would both have more diverse gameviewing and I recommend them both. They are two of several lodges that share a large part of northeast Sabi Sand for their game drives. But their lower-priced lodging - rondavels at EPlains and Standard suites at Arathusa - book up quickly. Make your plans as far in advance as possible. Umkumbe's reserve is small but has a great location on the river. In Timbavati, take a look at Umlani and Simbavati tented camp. And in Balule, nThambo. All good values.

Dave Patterson - Owner - The Africa Safari

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
49 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone with experience Tydon Bush Camp experience?

Thanks for your reply Dave. I noticed that you are participating also in the Cape Town forum, so I would allow myself to ask another question:

Since the weather pattern in CT is totally different than the rest of SA, which month(s) by your opinion would be a good compromise for a good to fair weather both in CT and the Greater Kruger area? And to complicate the situation even further, what about visiting Victoria Falls on the same trip? In October and November the falls seem to be quite "dry", the rains start in Kruger. December, January, February, March are the best for CT, but is the rainy season in Kruger and perhaps too much water in VF. What about April, May and June?

Thank you in advance for all responses!

3. Re: Anyone with experience Tydon Bush Camp experience?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, August 28, 2014