We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sabi Sabi Little Bush Camp or Lion Sands River Lodge?

Kaiserslautern...
Level Contributor
3 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Sabi Sabi Little Bush Camp or Lion Sands River Lodge?

Hi!

We are going to South Africa for my husband's 50th birthday in September. The trip will include 4 nights in the Sabi Sand Game Rserve but we are torn between Sabi Sabi Little Bush Camp and Lion Sands River Lodge (standard room). Pricing is not different enough to be a factor.

Which would you select and why?

Thanks!

Tempe, Arizona
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Level Contributor
8,467 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sabi Sabi Little Bush Camp or Lion Sands River Lodge?

Ooh, This is a tough one. My first thought is: Celebrate his birthday in August, use the Lion Sands 4-for-3 that is on offer through 31AUG - and stay in one the Superior Luxury suites!

I was at them both in September - stopped by Lion Sands twice and stayed at Little Bush. These are two of the best-managed lodges in Sabi Sand.

I would answer your question with another question. Would you prefer the almost perfect combination of size, privacy, dining + good wildlife you find at Little Bush? Or would you prefer the energy and more diverse public space, more guests to mix with that comes with the larger Lion Sands River lodge + good wildlife + river frontage (2 rivers, actually, since they share traversing with next-door Kirkman's)? Let your own nature help you decide.

Dave Patterson - Owner - The Africa Safari

Edited: 1:45 pm, January 29, 2013
2. Re: Sabi Sabi Little Bush Camp or Lion Sands River Lodge?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 31, 2014