We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best 2 or 3 night safari experience in Sabi Sand?

Bethesda, Maryland
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Best 2 or 3 night safari experience in Sabi Sand?

My wife and I have 2 (possibly 3) nights to spend at Sabi Sand. I am looking for a high quality experience with great safari drives and high-end accomodations. Would love a lodge with more of an outdoor and open feel. Not interested in a spa, having designer robes, etc. Just want to have a fantastic, relaxing experience with decent food and good game drives. Seems like there are several options based on what I have read. They include Londolozi, Singita lodges, andBeyond lodges, Lion Sands and others. Any of these or others that stand out for 2 or 3 nights? Thanks!

Frankfurt, Germany
Destination Expert
for Garden Route
Level Contributor
2,140 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best 2 or 3 night safari experience in Sabi Sand?

I'd rather stay three nights in a not so over the top lodge in Sabi Sands than 2 nights in a lodge that does provide the most luxurious safaris out there. You come to South Africa for the safari experience, not for the best food or the best room in the world - even though it doesn't hurt to have a stunning room and delicious food.

Stay at the best lodge for as long as you can, but rather stay 3 nights than 2 nights!

Mytmoss
Level Contributor
432 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best 2 or 3 night safari experience in Sabi Sand?

I have been to many of the lodges you mention and they are all excellent. My advice is similar to above. Absolutely stay 3 nights. Then based on that budget, pick one of the lodges you mentioned that you can afford.

3. Re: Best 2 or 3 night safari experience in Sabi Sand?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, January 12, 2014