We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Lodge? Lion Sands / Mala Mala / Idube?

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Which Lodge? Lion Sands / Mala Mala / Idube?

Hi all,

We are going to stay in the Sabi Sands area for 2 nights in October, but can't decide on which lodge to stay in, they all look so nice!

Does anyone have any favourites, good / bad reports on Lion Sands, Mala Mala or Idube?

Which is best for viewing game from the actual lodge, and are any of the areas better than the others, ie rivers / watering holes etc...

Thanks everyone...

Mentioned in this post
Mala Mala Private Game Reserve
Mala Mala Private Game...
Sabi Sand Game Reserve, South Africa
Leopardsong Manor
Leopardsong Manor
#2 of 11 hotels in Centurion
Aerotropolis Guest Lodge
Aerotropolis Guest Lodge
#18 of 68 B&Bs / Inns in Kempton Park
Dulini Lodge
Dulini Lodge
#1 of 42 Specialty lodging in Sabi Sand Game Reserve
London, United...
Level Contributor
246 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Lodge? Lion Sands / Mala Mala / Idube?

Hi Darren

Not stayed at the camps you mentioned but just come back from my 4th visit to Leopard Hills - I can;t get anough of this place - awesome. I've done a quick report from my previous visit here on trip so check it out.

I have heard Lion Sands is also very good, but I know you'd love Leopard Hills.

Good luck

Johannesburg
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Lodge? Lion Sands / Mala Mala / Idube?

Hi,

They are all excellent. I live in SA and have been to most of them. It depends what you want to spend. Londolozi is also a very good choice as are the exeter lodges. Let me know if you need detailed assistance.

Regards.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,791 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Lodge? Lion Sands / Mala Mala / Idube?

At first glance, the lodges do look quite similar, but you may want to consider the number of rooms in the camp, the size of their game-viewing area, and the maximum number of people per vehicle.

These factors will all affect your viewing experience.

ting

4. Re: Which Lodge? Lion Sands / Mala Mala / Idube?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:44 pm, August 08, 2006
5. Re: Which Lodge? Lion Sands / Mala Mala / Idube?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:44 am, August 13, 2006
London, England
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Lodge? Lion Sands / Mala Mala / Idube?

Hi Darren,

We have visited Ivory Lodge at Lion Sands a number of times. If you are looking for exclusivity (only 6 suites all with private plunge pools), fully stocked maxi bars, outstanding food and the most amazing game viewing then this is for you. The rangers and trackers are superb and the reserve has a great reputation for leopard.

If you go - don't tell anyone else.. It's far too special! Hope you have a wonderful time, wherever you go...

Ally

7. Re: Which Lodge? Lion Sands / Mala Mala / Idube?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

Removed on: 3:44 pm, August 08, 2006
8. Re: Which Lodge? Lion Sands / Mala Mala / Idube?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

Removed on: 3:46 pm, August 08, 2006
New York
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Which Lodge? Lion Sands / Mala Mala / Idube?

Hi. My husband and I are planning on spending 4 days of our honeymoon at one of the Sabi Sands reserves in late August. Due to the late date we don't have very many choices, but among the best seem to be Inyati - one of their new rooms at R3000 pp per night and Ulusaba - one of their superior rooms at R7250 pp per night. From what I've read, the game viewing at Inyati is fabulous, but I don't really want to lose out on the luxury safari experience. Would Inyati be an appropriate honeymoon choice, or are we better off at Ulusaba?

Mentioned in this post
Ulusaba Private Game Reserve
Ulusaba Private Game...
Sabi Sand Game Reserve, South Africa
10. Re: Which Lodge? Lion Sands / Mala Mala / Idube?

Removed on: 12:06 am, August 09, 2006
Get answers to your questions about Sabi Sand Game Reserve