We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying at Londolozi, what second lodge would you recommen?

Bourbonnais...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Staying at Londolozi, what second lodge would you recommen?

It's my first safari and am staying at Londolozi for 3 nights in July, 2011. I would like to stay at a different lodge also. I've looked at Ngalli, but am not sure I would see different things. What lodge would you recommend?

Weybridge
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying at Londolozi, what second lodge would you recommen?

Hi there,

Ngala is in the Timbavati Game Reserve, which is slightly further north, so in terms of seeing a different reserve, yes, this would give you the variety - but if you are thinking you will see competely different species, then I am afraid probably not !

Both the Ngala lodges are lovely, and they traverse, like Londolozi, their own private land, so it really is a pretty exclusive experience.

If you want something a bit different, however, you could consider staying at one of the lodges in the Kapama Reserve - and Camp Jabulani if you can afford it - and doing one of their elephant back safaris in place of a game drive one morning - something completely unique and not run-of-the-mill!!

Tracey - Owner / Director, Travel Butlers

Tempe, Arizona
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Level Contributor
9,123 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying at Londolozi, what second lodge would you recommen?

Further - in July you can stay 4 nights at the Ngala properties (either one) and only pay for 3. Plus, it's Low season. You could even work a deal staying 2 nights at Ngala Lodge, 2 nights at Ngala Tented Camp.

Dave Patterson - Owner - The Africa Safari

3. Re: Staying at Londolozi, what second lodge would you recommen?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 11, 2011