We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best lodge option for safari portion of our honeymoon?

New York
3 posts
Save Topic
Best lodge option for safari portion of our honeymoon?

We are spending 3 nights on safari during our honeymoon this november and are having trouble deciding between Sabi Sabi Earth Lodge, Leadwoon and Exeter River. Please let me know what is more recommended and if you have another similar quality recommendation.

Thank you

Tempe, Arizona
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Level Contributor
8,534 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best lodge option for safari portion of our honeymoon?

Earth Lodge has a drama the other two cannot match, of course. I don't know your budget, but Exeter River is one of the best values in Sabi Sand. And if you travel in the second half of November, it is Low season there - plus you can stay four nights for the price of three. Works out to about $865 per night.

Dave Patterson - Owner - The Africa Safari

SOUTH AFRICA
Level Contributor
2,542 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best lodge option for safari portion of our honeymoon?

I agree with Dave that the deal at Exeter River Lodge is great value for money! Of the 3 lodges that you have mentioned, I would rate Exeter Leadwood and Sabi Sabi Earth as 2 more exclusive lodges than Exeter River, and as this is for your honeymoon, perhaps you are looking for something more exclusive? Leadwood has to be one of the most beautiful lodges in South Africa, and the small size (only 4 suites) of the lodge, really makes for a very special safari lodge experience! Only negative thing about Leadwood, is that, as is the case at Exeter River, you will more than likely be at least 8 guests on the game viewing vehicle. Earth Lodge is a very unique lodge, and definitely one of the best safari lodges in Africa! Another option to consider for a honeymoon (if you have a very good budget) is Lion Sans Ivory Lodge.

Tanya * owner * Africa Direct

3. Re: Best lodge option for safari portion of our honeymoon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, October 06, 2010