We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ulusaba vs Arathusa- value for money

Leeds
Level Contributor
12 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Ulusaba vs Arathusa- value for money

Just wondered if anyone could advise me regarding Ulusaba and Arathusa- I am planning to book 2-3 nights in the Sabi Sands resrve in September 2009 for myself and 3 friends (as having read all the reviews, it appears that the game viewing is excellent at Sabi Sands). Having researched all the Sabi Sands lodges, I have narrowed it down to Ulusaba and Arathusa. The upper limit of my budget is Ulusaba, which sounds fantastic- but Arathusa is also rated very highly on TripAdvisor, and costs half the price.

I am looking for excellent game viewing, luxury/very comfortable accommodation, great food/wine and an authentic African bush experience (ie bomas etc). I am just wondering if I will get all that at Arathusa or whether it really is worth paying the extra (double the money) to go to Ulusaba?

Also to add, this site is fantastic and has been a great help already in planning my trip.

Any comments would be hugely appreciated- thank you.

Leeds
Level Contributor
12 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Ulusaba vs Arathusa- value for money

Hi all,

Just wanted to say a final thanks very much for all the advice- it has been invaluable, and much appreciated. I eventually decided on Exeter River Lodge only to find it was fully booked, so am now booked into Exeter Leadwood.

Thanks again,

Heather

Tempe, Arizona
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Level Contributor
8,638 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Ulusaba vs Arathusa- value for money

Here's a video I shot at Leadwood last year: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41kZGk26VXA

The guests had just checked out - new ones not there yet.. It is a beautiful place.

Leeds
Level Contributor
12 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Ulusaba vs Arathusa- value for money

Fantastic! Thanks for that video, and for all your advice,

Heather

14. Re: Ulusaba vs Arathusa- value for money

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:20 pm, October 21, 2009