We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help me make the right choice pls..

Ballarat, Australia
Level Contributor
104 posts
118 reviews
Save Topic
help me make the right choice pls..

hi all

im travelling to sabi sands in april 09 with the family..(widfe and 3 teenagers)

im looking for game viewing as well as having the opportunity to visit a couple of the local villages!!

after reveiwing all the info in here ive decided on djuma bush lodge for 2 nights BUT i need another venue for the other 2 nights!

can anyone reccommend somewhere else for me that will be good for a family to see the big 5 and interact with the locals..?

budget is moderate and i will have a rental car.

cheers in advance

stu

australia

Perth
Level Contributor
57 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: help me make the right choice pls..

Im travelling with husband and twins (14) Im looking to stay at 2 lodges for 4 nights in end Sept/Oct. We are considering Tinga for 4 nights. We have been to Mabula, Simbambili and Motswari before. We would ideally like to remain in the sabie area. Any suggestions?

SOUTH AFRICA
Level Contributor
2,562 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: help me make the right choice pls..

Tinga has 2 beautiful lodges - Narina & Legends. Both offer excellent locations and breath taking accommodation. Remember that Tinga is not in the Sabi Sands (you mention wanting to be in the Sabi area), but is on a private concession within the Kruger National Park. No off road driving permitted when following the big 5, cheetah & wild dog. Having done safaris at Simbambili (Sabi Sands) & Motswari (Timbavati) before, you may find it a bit frustrating not being able to drive off road, so you may want to go to a lodge in the Sabi Sans or Timbavati again. Depending on your budget, there are a number of excellent lodges to choose from!

Perth
Level Contributor
57 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: help me make the right choice pls..

which reserve would you recommend in the sabie area? would you also recommend a min of 4 nights?

Perth
Level Contributor
57 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: help me make the right choice pls..

thanks for the info. If we are looking at 2 lodges for 5 nights each. Would you recommend Elephant Plains, Inyati, Exeter, Nottens.? Our top priority is good game, good food and great vibe. Not isolated that one doesnt see anyone else. I see that you have been to quite a few. Any suggestions? Is it also getting late to book seeing we are thinking of end of Sept/Oct?

SOUTH AFRICA
Level Contributor
2,562 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: help me make the right choice pls..

If you're wanting to do your safari end of Sept/beginning Oct, you'll have to make your reservations ASAP!! Availability at many of the lodges is already extremely limited for that time, and you'll probably find that you won't be able to choose from a great variety of lodges, as only few will still have space available.

All of the lodges mentioned in your last posting are very good, though i doubt that all of them will still have availability. You could also do a combination of lodges in the Sabi Sands & Timbavati, which is also part of the Greater Kruger National Park, as is the Sabi Sands. Ngala Safari Lodge is a very good, and quite affordable option in the Timbavati, and they offer the 4th night free if you pay for 3 nights. (this offer is applicable to all CC Africa lodges, so you could also consider the Exeter lodges & Kirkmans)

Ulusaba is also offering a similar special (pay for 3 nights, stay for 4), so shop around, and see which lodges can accommodate you, but don't waste any further time - the availability is going to become less every day now!

16. Re: help me make the right choice pls..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:30 am, October 04, 2009