We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Internet cards that work in the Bush?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
62 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Internet cards that work in the Bush?

Does anyone know if you can rent an Internet card that will allow my laptop/notebook to work while on Safari? Some of the camps I am looking at do not have internet. Thanks!

Kimmm

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,679 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Internet cards that work in the Bush?

I think there's a clue in your question. To me, "the Bush" conjures images of untamed, primeval wilderness with few people.

Not exactly the area that internet or phone providers want to invest in infrastructure.

Millions of people have phones/internet in Johannesburg. A few thousand people work in game parks.

No doubt someone will be along to give details of a SA operator who does this, but most people who go to the bush are going partly to get away from the internet.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
62 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Internet cards that work in the Bush?

I am looking at Safari Lodges in Sabi Sands. I am trying to choose between Exeter Dulini, Exeter Leadwood, Londolozi Varty Camp, Sabi Sabi Selati Camp, and Sabi Sabi Bush Lodge. I see that Exeter Kirkmans has an internet connection supposedly in a common area. But that camp has more people/suites then I would like. Also, Rattrays Camp has internet and TV in the suite. Rattrays room looks more like a hotel from what I see in the photos and it cost's the the most, so I am not so sure I want to stay there. I am looking for a suite that has internet available, a plunge pool would be nice too. Otherwise, if I could buy or rent an internet card that would work, I would do that. I'm tired of investigating all the fantastic propertes! I just want to make a decision!! Thanks for the advice. :) Kimmmmm

Cape Town
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Internet cards that work in the Bush?

Your best bet would be to contact Sabi Sabi directly and ask them - http://www.sabisabi.com/contactus

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
62 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Internet cards that work in the Bush?

Thanks hatter08, I will do that. :)

Kimmmm

5. Re: Internet cards that work in the Bush?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 pm, September 19, 2009