We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Londolozi or Kirkman's kamp?

Norway
Level Contributor
120 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Londolozi or Kirkman's kamp?

We are two couples (50-60 years old), going to SA February 2013.

We had almost decided on Kirkman's Kamp for our 4 days Safari.

But I can't get my eyes from Londolozi. All those great reviews! :)

We have now got price quotes for all the Londolozi camps, and even Varty and Founders camp lodges are significant higher priced than Kirkman's.

So what do we do?

Any input are appreciated.

We want to have a good time with great game drives and hopefully see as many animals as possible.

We look for great and comfortable accommodation, with a touch of luxury, but don't need the "over the top" thing......

We will move on to 4 nights at Cape Grace in Cape Town and two nights in Franschhoek after the Safari.

Kirkman's or Londolozi?

Varty, Founders or Tree camp? The last one is really much more expensive.

And is the standard chalets in Varty Camp OK and good enough, or do we need to go for the superior chalets? What is the difference? Are there plunge pools in Founders Camp?

I know that the Varty Camp is great for families and children, but that don't bother us even though we this time travel without kids and grandkids. We would rather have some people around us than stay at a place with just 2-4 more people......

Hard decition....... ;-P

Bradenton fl
Level Contributor
74 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Londolozi or Kirkman's kamp?

Planning a trip phinda mountain for 4 days...is part of it...tell me anything you wish to share

Los Altos, CA
Level Contributor
642 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Londolozi or Kirkman's kamp?

Beanie, it sounds like you're asking me about Phinda Mountain? Should probably do a separate thread so as not to hijack the OP's thread which was about Londolozi vs. Kirkmans! Or you can send me a private message here on Tripadvisor and I'll reply. I'm also planning to write a trip report ASAP.

Norway
Level Contributor
120 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Londolozi or Kirkman's kamp?

Thank you so much for your comments about Londolozi Varty Camp.

It makes me feel we have made the right decision.

Now I am just waiting for confirmation from our TA about availability,

he will get back to us today! :)

14. Re: Londolozi or Kirkman's kamp?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, July 09, 2013