We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Theft at the Sabi Sabi Bush Lodge

1 post
Save Topic
Theft at the Sabi Sabi Bush Lodge

Security is lacking at the Sabi Sabi Bush Lodge. Our luxury suite, and 4 others, were broken into while we were at dinner in December 2005.

It was an inside job: only electronics, watches and sunglasses were stolen from all the rooms, including all our camera equipment. The thieves neatly broke into each room, and touched nothing except for the items listed above: some of them in locked backpacks.

The management's and president's response was anemic at best. They didn't offer us anything at all. You would expect them to have taken a financial responsibility for someone breaking into 20% of their rooms within a 60 minute period. They have no security because they claim that this never happens at their lodge.

Sabi Sabi needs to provide better security for their guests, and take responsiblity for their lack of protection on the property.

There are so many other beautiful lodges to choose from in south Africa. I would not choose to stay at Sabi Sabi Bush Lodge.

australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Theft at the Sabi Sabi Bush Lodge

This is clearly an ongoing problem - I experienced the same problem 5 years ago on two separate occasions, and response from management was essentially nothing. I lost my grandmothers wedding band.