We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inyati or Idube?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
30 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Inyati or Idube?

My husband and I are traveling to SA for the World Cup next summer and plan to spend 3 nights on safari. This will be our first time in SA and on safari. We've narrowed it down to Inyati or Idube. Idube is well within our budget, but Inyati is just stretching it slightly because they would put us in an executive Chalet. We are trying to decide if Inyati is worth the extra expense. Any opinions/recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

St Albans, England
Level Contributor
132 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Inyati or Idube?

have a look at this post which compares Inyati and Idube. The consensus is that Inyati has the superior location and game viewing, as well as more luxurious accomodation if you go for the exec rooms:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g471846-i9568-k2…

If Inyati feels like a bit too much, you might want to look at Ngala...slightly cheaper but extremely slick operation with great staff and location in the Timbavati...we just got back from there (having tried and failed to get a booking at Inyati) and we were absolutely blown away by the place.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
30 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Inyati or Idube?

Thanks Okie2. I did see that thread earlier, it's ultimately what drove me to consider Inyati in the first place and why this is a hard decision for us. I wasn't sure if Inyati would still be recommended when considering our budget situation. If it is truly superior, we have no problem spending the extra amount.

Thanks for suggesting Ngala, I'll definitely look into it.

SOUTH AFRICA
Level Contributor
2,579 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Inyati or Idube?

I definitely agree that Ngala Safari Lodge is a great affordable option to consider! As for the fact that some people have said there is a difference in the game viewing between Inyati & Idube - this would not really be the case, as these 2 lodges share the same game viewing traversing area, meaning that game drives are conducted on the same properties and both would have access to similar sightings.

Inyati definitely has a superior location on the banks of the Sand River, which is a great advantage.

Tanya * owner * Africa Direct

Tempe, Arizona
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Level Contributor
9,226 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Inyati or Idube?

On this page - www.youtube.com/user/BwanaDave#play/uploads - you will see links both to the lodge at Inyati and one morning game drive I did there last May. The Executive suite is the larger one in the lodge video. I am a big fan of Inyati - though don't expect great dining. It is good but not as elegant as in some of the Sabi Sand lodges. What appeals to me is the quality of staff, their genuine friendliness, professional attitude. And Tonya rightly points out that Inyati and Idube do their game drives on the same lands, so the Inyati game drive video would reflect an experience at Idube, too. As well as all 3 Exeter lodges, Ulusaba's 2 lodges, Leopard Hills and Savanna.

Mentioned in this post
Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Kruger National Park, South Africa
Weybridge
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Inyati or Idube?

Hi,

I love Inyati, it is a personal favourite of mine ... in fact, when my mother came out to SA to visit us, I took her to Inyati for her first safari experience ... I was THAT confident that they would deliver !

The exec chalets are very, very nice, with good views too out over the river.

Idube is also a pleasant lodge, however, so if you do decide to go there, I am sure you have a great time.

The game viewing will also be excellent, whichever lodge you stay at !

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
30 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Inyati or Idube?

Thanks for all the replies. We decided to go for Inyati and the Executive Chalet!

Weybridge
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Inyati or Idube?

Good choice :)

I hope you have a fantastic time ... correction ... I am SURE you will have a fantastic time !!

8. Re: Inyati or Idube?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, February 04, 2010