We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for "romance" in Roswell?

Which Roswell hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Worth, TX
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions for "romance" in Roswell?

help! we are visiting friends in Roswell for the 1st time EVER! But looking at the chamber of commerce website...there aren't any "fine dining" restaurants in town! What the heck? :) We thought we'd treat our hosts to a night out for their wedding anniversary...the chamber of commerce suggested Pasta Cafe or Cattle Baron...but a buffet??? Seriously? Does anyone have any suggestions? ...hope I don't have to send 'em to Denny's!

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
2,169 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions for "romance" in Roswell?

Well, you are probably right. "Fine Dining" is not the #1 draw in Roswell. But, the same could probably be said for Waxahachi or Mineral Wells, eh? :-)

A steakhouse is probably your best option. I haven't eaten at the Cattle Baron, but the food, and atmosphere at the Cattleman's Steak House was pretty good on my last visit to Roswell.

Hopefully, we can round-up a Roswellian for some "on sight" recommendations. Even a little green one will do. Just don't send them to Denny's or a buffet! :-) Good luck!

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
247 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions for "romance" in Roswell?

A good family friend frequently dines at Pasta Cafe and highly recommends it. I have dined at Cattle Baron and recommend it, too. There may be other places but can't say anyting about them because I don't know them.

ohio
Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions for "romance" in Roswell?

We had dinner at Pasta Cafe a few weeks ago, during our one night in Roswell, and we were underwhelmed with it, most of the food was overly salty, and the sauteed spinach inedible. But I gather it is the best choice in town.

But we really enjoyed the contemporary art museum there ! http://www.roswellamoca.org/

4. Re: Suggestions for "romance" in Roswell?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, December 29, 2009