We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leona's Restaurant and GIft Shop is now just a gift shop

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
112 reviews
Save Topic
Leona's Restaurant and GIft Shop is now just a gift shop

We've always enjoyed Leona's tamales when we are in the Chimayo area, but I just noticed on her website that the restaurant is no longer open, although you can still purchase drinks and snacks. The gift shop is still open:

http://www.leonasrestaurante.com/

All the best, alashas www.youtube.com/user/honeymoon2southwest

2 replies to this topic
Texas
Level Contributor
17 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Leona's Restaurant and GIft Shop is now just a gift shop

My husband and I last visited Chimayo in 2013, the restaurant wasn't opened when we were there but the year before the lovely lady who said she was the owner showed us pictures of when she was an airline stewardess, we were hungry and asked if she would sell us a bowl of pinto beans and a couple of tortillas which she nicely did, if this is the lady who passed away my sympathy to her husband, I too have lost my beloved husband . God bless you, I will never forget her kindness towards two tired tourist...

2. Re: Leona's Restaurant and GIft Shop is now just a gift shop

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:35 pm, October 09, 2017

Reply to: Leona's Restaurant and GIft Shop is now just a gift shop
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Chimayo