We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phu Quoc Weather in August

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Phu Quoc Weather in August

Hi- I'm very much interested in going to Phu Quoc in August but concerned about the weather there. Has anyone gone during the 2nd part of August and what was your weather experience? Thank you!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phu Quoc Weather in August

I'll be there second half of August too. Everywhere I look seems to be different answer to your question. Impression I get is that weather should be fine.

Sai Gon, Viet Nam
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Phu Quoc Weather in August

August still in rainy season. Sometimes it rain fast and stop then the rest of the day should be nice. But sometimes It have storms then it would not be so nice. High season starts October wirh nice wheather guranted...

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
228 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Phu Quoc Weather in August

We will be there at third week of August as well, it may be raining ,but it will still be a lot warmer than in New Zealand.

Sai Gon, Viet Nam
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Phu Quoc Weather in August

Yes for this I'm sure :). It is warm all year round actually. I like rainy season also (Just don't like storm). It is very fresh after the rain...

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Phu Quoc Weather in August

Hi, thank you for writing! So I'm reading things correctly and will hope that you and I both have good weather in Phu Quoc. Thanks so much!

Palatine, Illinois
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Phu Quoc Weather in August

Just got back from 4 days in Pho Quoc, (the second week in July) we had one afternoon that was sunny, the rest of the time it was raining. They said the weather was to only get worse in August. Not much (nothing) to do in the rain in Phu Quoc. However, went spent the next week in Hoi An, and it was sunny and beautiful every day, it rained a bit each afternoon, but then cleared up. We had 7 great days at the beach. Skip Phu Quoc.

Sydney
Level Contributor
4,046 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Phu Quoc Weather in August

Well WiseguyChicago

It depends on your needs really. We were in PQ in August 2 years ago for 6 nights and it only rained when we were boarding our flight to hcmc. Have also been to Hoi an 5 times. PQ and Hoi an are worlds apart and if you feel the need to visit either/ or just go for it!!! Weather is weather and we cannot predict it.

Mark

manchester
Level Contributor
182 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Phu Quoc Weather in August

We're come to vietnam mud August for our honeymoon. We looked at phu quoc but decided on hoi an instead as the weather is better in hoi an (more guaranteed sunshine) whereas phu quoc is more rainy

Davis, California...
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Phu Quoc Weather in August

Hi there! I'll be in Phu Quoc also last week of August! I live in California and I'd be nice meeting someone on the same island! I'm thinking on staying 2-3 nights. Contact me if you want, diazbama@gmail.com

Cheers!

Fernanda

Davis, California...
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Phu Quoc Weather in August

Hi there! I'll be in Phu Quoc also last week of August! I live in California and I'd be nice meeting someone on the same island! I'm thinking on staying 2-3 nights. Contact me if you want, diazbama@gmail.com

Cheers!

Fernanda

Get answers to your questions about Phu Quoc Island