We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phu Quoc OR Koh Tansay?

Winnipeg, Canada
2 posts
Save Topic
Phu Quoc OR Koh Tansay?

Hi, I will be travelling in SE Asia this summer and will be visiting( amongst many other places!) Can Tho in Vietnam and Kampot in Cambodia. I have around 5 days to spend on a beach and the 2 that I am considering are Phu Quoc and Koh Tansay, but can't decide between them!

We are a couple with a 3 yer old child, but well used to backpacking and staying in beach huts/hostels, so I'm not looking for "resort" type mid range hotels or anything, although wouldn't turn down air conditioning! (but its not a deal breaker) And we wish to avoid "party" places. We are looking for a very laid back place with a nice beach and water that we can take the 3 year old in, so a shallow sandy beach, not rocky. We also love good food. It must have budget accomodation and not be too difficult to get to as my 3 yer old son will only put up with so many long, bumpy bus rides! We will be there in late August, which I believe is rainy season - will the sea be too rough to take my son in for a paddle - we won't be swimming as such as he's too small :)

Any thoughts? Which would you choose, or would you choose somewhere else entirely?

Siobhan

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
848 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phu Quoc OR Koh Tansay?

Phu Quoc. The Rabbit island off Kep is not a place for kids to stay there. It's not geared up for overnight. Only a few huts without bathroom, squad toilet far away.... But both Kep and Kampot are very nice.

2. Re: Phu Quoc OR Koh Tansay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 28, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Phu Quoc Island