We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phu Quoc in May?

toddycat
Level Contributor
81 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Phu Quoc in May?

Realistically, is it worth paying a visit to Phu Quoc in May, or is it too rainy? As amazing as the island looks and I would love to visit, am i better sticking to Northern Vietnam?

Thanks

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
8,328 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phu Quoc in May?

Very rare to have continuous rain, showers more like and even then you might have completely dry days but rain during the evening and overnight. Southern Vietnam is still relatively dry until around July when the rain and thunderstorms tend to pick up.

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Level Contributor
309 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Phu Quoc in May?

Have you been before ? If not, its worth a trip. A great place. May is on the border weather wise, so you should be OK. August / September, probably not.

Perth, WA
Level Contributor
809 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Phu Quoc in May?

We were there last May and usually one shower each day. Rain wasn't a problem and didn't affect our travels. It is just the start of the low season. Enjoy lower prices but weather generally hot and humid but minimal rain.

toddycat
Level Contributor
81 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Phu Quoc in May?

I've never been before but it looks like its a great place to visit. I wanted to stay at freedom land but they said they were probably closed due to the rainy season which got me wondering if perhaps it wasn't the best idea. Where would anyone else recommend?

Sydney
Level Contributor
4,046 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Phu Quoc in May?

We were there last May also and only had a 10 minute drizzle one morning and the odd late afternoon squall which was refreshing. Perfect the rest of the time. Heading back in May ourselves and not concerned at all.

Mark

6. Re: Phu Quoc in May?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, February 02, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Phu Quoc Island