We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris beach resort?

Porto, Portugal
Level Contributor
60 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Paris beach resort?

Hi,

I am going to Phu Quoc in November, and I'm looking for accomodation. Has anyone stayed in Paris beach resort? I've checked the reviews in TA, but would like to know if this is too far from town, and if there are restaurants nearby, as I don't want to have to catch a taxi to town every day, although I assume it will not be an expensive fare.

I've also looked at Kim on the beach bungalows, but they don't have many reviews.

I just want a nice place to relax, lay on the beach and go for a swim, that has some nice resturants around.

Any help with be appreciated, thanks!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
6,202 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris beach resort?

Paris Beach Resort is about 4km from town, just a short taxi ride.

There's a stretch of restaurants and bars about a km from Paris on the way to town.

If you look at google map, it's around La Veranda and Le Cap Breton.

Porto, Portugal
Level Contributor
60 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris beach resort?

ThanKa for your help!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
6,202 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paris beach resort?

You can also look into Cassia Cottage and Mai Spa Resort; both further north, with the later one just a mile from town.

They both get good reviews from various sources.

Porto, Portugal
Level Contributor
60 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paris beach resort?

Will do!

Jersey Channel...
Level Contributor
1 post
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paris beach resort?

Hi there - be warned - there ain't much of a "town" on Phu Quoc!!! The day market and night food market were the highlights. Mind you we were staying at La Veranda, on honeymoon and at the end of a month long trip to Vietnam and had trouble dragging ourselves away from the hotel. Good luck

Porto, Portugal
Level Contributor
60 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paris beach resort?

All I want is somewhere to eat, so I don't end up dining at the hotel every evening, and I've heard that the night market is quite good, but thanks for the advise.

Philippines
Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paris beach resort?

I stayed at Song Xanh resort which is pretty close to Paris beach resort(about a hundred meters away from the beach). I was supposed to stay there too but they didn't have a kitchen in the room so I opted for Song Xanh. I stayed in this area for 2 1/2 months.

There a lot of nice places to eat at. Just walk along the beach (towards the town) and there are small resto/bars by the beach that offer nice local dishes(they have burgers and pasta too). Phu Quoc is the best place to eat seafood because it's cheap and really fresh!

If you pass the highway (towards the town), you will also see Safari bar. We love their fish and chips! If you are not picky and willing to try local street food, there are quite a few as well.

Hope this helped. Happy travels!!

Edited: 10:37 pm, October 06, 2013
Porto, Portugal
Level Contributor
60 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Paris beach resort?

Thanks! This does help, as it's good to know there are places nearby to eat. We do love street food, so I think we'll skip the burger & pasta, that we can have back home.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
169 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Paris beach resort?

Look at Cassia Cottagr.

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
57 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Paris beach resort?

I'm staying at Paris Beach resort right now. It's an older style resort and fairly simple, but has a lovely safe swimming beach right on the resort doorstep (you sit on the hotel restaurant balcony with the beach right below you), the chef at the resort cooks wonderful food and it's well priced with plenty of variety, and there's also a brand new pool. The staff are friendly and helpful. I highly recommend it!

Get answers to your questions about Phu Quoc Island