We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon accoms in Phu quoc...

Sydney, Australia
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Honeymoon accoms in Phu quoc...

Hi there

My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon in Phu Quoc in March 2014. Our priorities are location (bungalow on beach),

closeness to town (for places to eat, drink and hang out as an alternative to the accoms)

something locally owned / family run / not a chain resort

relaxed, friendly, clean

comfy bed, air con, tv, relaxed atmosphere

I have narrowed it down to

Sea Star

Mai Spa

Tropicana

Beach Club

Phuong Binh

I love the idea of Mango Bay but I'm put off by its distance away from town...

Just can't make that final decision... Can anyone pls help me out? Thanks so much, you are all legends :)

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
384 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon accoms in Phu quoc...

I'm sure you'll have a great time on Phu Quoc - very quiet and laidback.

I can only speak for Sea Star which we stayed at in June this year. It's on a really nice clean stretch of beach, although I guess depending on which way the tide's running that may not always be the case. Close enough to walk into town and some great restaurants right outside your doorstep. The staff are nice, friendly and relaxed, the breakfasts are good, and the beachfront bungalows are fantastic - you can just while away your time on one of the loungers on your deck and watch the waves and time go by, while the palm trees wave in the breeze.

All very nice - except for one thing, the beds are rather hard. I would suspect coming from Australia that you are used to somewhat softer beds. Apart from that I can highly recommend the place.

Remember to check out Buddy's while you're in Phu Quoc. A little café, run by an Aussie with the best free map in town, free internet and even sells New Zealand ice-cream! It's a little gem.

Victoria

Sydney, Australia
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon accoms in Phu quoc...

Awesome! Thanks for the info!! Sounds exactly what we are after- am desperately missing sand, sun and warm water at my beach :)

We travelled to Vietnam in 2008 we are used to the harder style mattresses- but that's all part of the experience.

Thanks again!

Stavanger, Norway
Level Contributor
24 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon accoms in Phu quoc...

Me and my girlfriend is going to Phu Ouoc and has decided to split the time between Mango Bay, and some days closer to center. Also a possibility.

Sydney
Level Contributor
4,043 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon accoms in Phu quoc...

Hey guys,

Phu quoc is a great destination for a honeymoon and when I get married again (if the bride lets me :-) I shall return.

We generally stay at Mai spa and the beachfront bungalows are amazing. From these bungalows you step directly onto the beach and are only metres from the water. The balconies have a sunset to die for. Central to the restaurants (most are directly outside the resort) and one of the best spa/massage places on PQ.IMO.

As Victoria says, pop into Buddys for some good info and check out www.visitphuquoc.info for some great local insight.

Good luck,

Mark

Perth, WA
Level Contributor
746 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon accoms in Phu quoc...

Personally I would go to Mango Bay. The town IMHO has nothing to offer especially if you are on your honeymoon. We travelled with 2 small children but were the only people at Mango with children for most of our 9 nights! It is the most awesome and relaxing place I have ever been. The restaurants serve great food but there is a great local restaurant - Sakura-10 minutes walk away and a corner house/store on Mango Bay road selling cheap drinks/supplies if you need it. With these options there is enough variety. Mango Bay also has a free shuttle to town once or twice a day. To see the island we booked a taxi for the day but you could also do it on a scooter. WE loved the place and thought it was a very unique style of accommodation and perfect for a honeymoon. It is not 5 star but very comfortable and the staff add their own special touches.

6. Re: Honeymoon accoms in Phu quoc...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 13, 2014