We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phu Quoc or hoi An

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
108 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Phu Quoc or hoi An

Hi everyone, hope you can help me I have a trip planned in mid January & I'm organising for 2 families (4 adults & 6 teenage kids) should be so fun & I can't wait. Now my question is "do I give Hoi An a miss & change to Phu Quoc because of the time of year I'm going???" Our trip is for only 2 weeks & the plan so far is:

3 or 4 nights ho chi Ming cu chi tunnels & Mekong delta day tour

Fly to nha trang 4 nights staying Vinpearl 2 nights & 2 nights Novotel

Fly to Hoi An 6 nights riverside do tour, cooking class, etc, etc

Is there anything YOU can help me with, should we do more? Should we go to Phu Quoc? Or do we have enough R & R time. I'm really hoping you could help me on where to go, what to see & accommodation ideas if you have them.

Thanks everyone for your help

J

Phu Quoc Island...
Level Contributor
14 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phu Quoc or hoi An

Hoi An is cold and wet in jan, it will be hot here and with luck the go-kart track will be open then.

We are starting cooking classes next month, there will be more to do here, boat trips, diving,coral snorkeling and tours...........

Hope this will help Lee Safari bar

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Phu Quoc or hoi An

hi lee will be arriving in 2 weeks on sat.

is there any boat trips or tours u could recommend

thanks.

Ben Tre, Vietnam
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Phu Quoc or hoi An

I would suggest Phu Quoc island as wellfor Beach vacation at this time of year .You might want to replace Nha Trang instead if you choose for Phu Quoc and go to Hoi an as there are other thing to do in Hoi an apart from Beach.But I would not go there for more than 2 nights.

But be aware that it will be chilli and rainny in Hoi an as well as Nha Trang.

Should think of expand your mekong Delta a few nights instead as this place is a great place for family, many things to do in the Mekong delta such as boating, cycling, cooking class, rowing sampan, learning how to cultivate and see more authentic local culture .Homestay at the local home will be an unique experience that will give you a chance to exchange culture with the locals.

Beside that you will have very nice weather at this time in the Mekong Delta with sun shine everyday.

Cheers,

Nhung

4. Re: Phu Quoc or hoi An

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:23 pm, April 28, 2016
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
108 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Phu Quoc or hoi An

Thank you lee safari bar, nhung & rohan. It's a bit of a shame we,re going this time of the year as I've hoi an is beautiful. Do you think I can leave all my internal flight bookings until I get there? & then we may know what we feel like. I am going to nha trang for 4 nights, should I stay longer? I don't know where we can go for 2 weeks mid January, we don't want a rushed trip.......any trip ideas would be fab!!

Thanks Jane

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,577 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Phu Quoc or hoi An

There is a lot to see and do in Nha Trang, and it is a good place to launch a trip into the Central highlands which for many, it the highlight of their trip. Take a look at Buon Ma Thuot, Lak Lake, and Kom Tum ending in Quy Nhon for an off the beaten track experience.

Owee

www.owee58.com

7. Re: Phu Quoc or hoi An

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:05 am, October 25, 2012
8. Re: Phu Quoc or hoi An

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, November 05, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Phu Quoc Island