We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkel Phu Quoc

bundeena
Level Contributor
1,044 posts
216 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkel Phu Quoc

Hi What is the best time of year for snorkeling on Phu Quoc and can you do his from shoreline or do you need to book tour?Also any othr areas in Vietnam recommended

Thanks for any advice

Mentioned in this post
Phu Quoc Island
Phu Quoc Island
Kien Giang Province, Vietnam
Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,579 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkel Phu Quoc

A local business person has told me lately that much of the coral around Phu Quoc has been cut for souvineirs.... a Da*n shame.. Nha Trang is known for one of the best dive destinations in Vietnam. The weather is good for diving from Beginning of March right up to the end of September. Phu Quoc is November through May for best weather.

Owee

www.owee58.com

Mentioned in this post
Phu Quoc Island
Phu Quoc Island
Kien Giang Province, Vietnam
Nha Trang
Nha Trang
Khanh Hoa Province, Vietnam
May Restaurant
May Restaurant
551 Reviews
Phu Quoc Island, Vietnam
western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkel Phu Quoc

There is a National Geographic dive tour out of Duong Dong so i imagine it is not all gone. I think you need to know where you are going. The area around our hotel and the beaches we visited was not too spectacular for snorkeling (great for a swim, though).

There is also a dive shop in Duong Dong, not sure if it is associated with the Nat Geo boat or not.

Mentioned in this post
Duong Dong
Duong Dong
Phu Quoc Island, Vietnam
Phu Quoc Island...
Level Contributor
433 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkel Phu Quoc

its not all gone, if you venture out especially to the southern islets (further the better) there is still an abundance of marine life and many places still undiscovered i am sure.

its true and a shame that in some areas closer to the island coral has been removed for sale to local tourists.

Rohan

http://www.visitphuquoc.info

Phu Quoc Island...
Level Contributor
433 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Snorkel Phu Quoc

yeah btw ainwa, i think its Rainbow Divers you are referring to....

Phu Quoc Island...
Level Contributor
134 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Snorkel Phu Quoc

Hi Bundeenian,

You can rent snorkeling equipment at the Sao Bay water sports centre in front of Amigos on Long beach for a few bucks an hour and snorkel around the rocks only 100 meters away. Other alternatives are a motor bike tour to the north where you can also go from the beach, or the numerous snorkel and dive trips by boat to both ends of the west coast offered by about a dozen different companies.

The quality of what you will see is up to the visibility on the day and which locations they choose to take you.

Cheers

Mentioned in this post
Sao Beach
Sao Beach
3,216 Reviews
Phu Quoc Island, Vietnam
bundeena
Level Contributor
1,044 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Snorkel Phu Quoc

What about snorkeling please

bundeena
Level Contributor
1,044 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Snorkel Phu Quoc

Thanks ausiebroadp.

Owee sorry my question to you was about snorkeling in Na Trang or is it only scuba diving?

Mentioned in this post
Trang
Trang
Trang Province, Thailand
8. Re: Snorkel Phu Quoc

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:28 am, January 06, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Phu Quoc Island