We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disco Bar up the road from the Sea Star

san diego
Level Contributor
439 posts
Save Topic
Disco Bar up the road from the Sea Star

Does the Disco Bar up the street from the Sea Star still in business? It was on opposite side of road of SS. If so, what is it's name? When I was there 2 years ago I went in after my walk back from Chez Carole.

It was a big white building with empty non working water fountains in front.

It was empty except for the DJ, bartender, and social girls. It was funny, they had about 10 girls stationed each a their own empty table on the main floor waiting for customers that never came. I was there in low season but wanted to go back for kicks.

Lichfield, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Disco Bar up the road from the Sea Star

I cam back yeterday. Its called Paradise City. we never went in as we had a child with us but it still appears empty!!

Phu Quoc Island...
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Disco Bar up the road from the Sea Star

As the owner of that "Disco Bar up the road from Sea Star", for the last two years, I believe I can set the record straight, lol.

Paradise City Entertainment Complex houses several businesses, the most popular being Kiki's Club, Phu Quoc's only nightclub/disco. It is not a strip club. It's true that some people got that impression from our previous signage (although, contrary to what one commenter stated, the sign featured only a dancer, not a stripper on a pole).

Although the majority of our customers are Vietnamese, many foreign tourists visit Kiki's and have a great time. Many have commented how welcoming the local customers are. We are certainly not the most upscale club in the world, but we endeavor it make it entertaining. That being said, it's not for everyone. This is Vietnam. The music is hard and fast.

If you're looking for something a bit different, at the front of the complex is Mermaids Dive Bar & Grill. There's seating both outside and inside (airconditioned). The decor is a little crazy, and on most nights, classic rock is the music of choice.

To update everyone on the current bar scene - The Dog Bar closed down several months ago. Since that time, several new bars have opened. The D&S bar is across the alley close to where the Dog used to be. The Drunk 'n Monkey recently opened next to Mondo, and is a great place to catch the game. Further south, The Sun Moon Bar opened across the street from La Casbah. Both are late night hostess bars. Near Long Beach Resort is the Safari Bar.

Hope this helps clear up some misinformation and make your visit to Phu Quoc enjoyable.

Cheers!

13. Re: Disco Bar up the road from the Sea Star

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 26, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Phu Quoc Island