We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mai House Resort - how to book?

Edmonton
6 posts
Save Topic
Mai House Resort - how to book?

Hi,

I am trying to book Mai House Resort starting April 30 for 3 nights... but I am having trouble finding contact information online.

Please help!

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Chiang Rai, Chiang Rai Province
Level Contributor
3,379 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mai House Resort - how to book?

Are you trying to book at the Mai Spa Resort? I'm not sure if there is both a Mai House Resort and a Mai Spa Resort in Phu Quoc, but Mai Spa Resort is on the beach, about 1/3 mile walk north of La Veranda. We stayed at La Veranda but went and had massages at Mai Spa Resort and toured the rooms. They were just finishing building 4 new beach front bungalow rooms when we were there in October 2009.

I pulled out my travel journal and I have one of the business cards from Mai Spa Resort and Cottages. Here is the contact info on the card:

Email: contact@nhasancottagephuquoc.vn

Mobile 0936 367 840 (Ms. Oanh)

Tel: 0773 983 129

address: 18 Tran Hung Dao Street, Duong Dong, Phu Quoc, Kien Giang

Hope it helps,

Broder

California
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Mai House Resort - how to book?

Hmmm... probably don't want to hear this from here, but if you go to travelfish.org there is a link for email requests to Mai House. Nice place. Stayed there last November.

Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mai House Resort - how to book?

Was pricing reasonable LAKER99? Any pics around?

Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Mai House Resort - how to book?

Forgot to ask...is it really rainy in June and July there on the island? What time during the summer is the best time to travel?

Edmonton
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Mai House Resort - how to book?

Thank you for the responses! I checked out travelfish, and you are right, there seems to be an email link at the very least.

I was not referring to Mai Spa.... sounds like common names and similar names are the way things go in Vietnam! Have to be sure you end up where you meant to!

California
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Mai House Resort - how to book?

Price was $50 US. Bungalow was pleasant. Water hot. Gerard and all the staff were very hospitable. Internet was good. Included in the rate breakfast in the waterfront restaurant was admirable. The ambience was fine. I'd go there again in a heartbeat. (Wish I was there.)

7. Re: Mai House Resort - how to book?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:35 am, February 03, 2010
Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Mai House Resort - how to book?

Thanks Laker99 for the info. It helps to know the small stuff.

Sophiatigon, I also am looking into Saigon Phu Quoc Resort...have you heard anything good? Do you have any suggestions? Thanks.

-- Mai

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
11,178 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mai House Resort - how to book?

We stayed at three different places on Phu Quoc and Mai House was the only one we didn't like. The property is nice but I don't think I've ever stayed anywhere with such a money-grabbing attitude. I would never stay there again (must get round to writing a review!). The service in the restaurant was generally very poor as well - two mornings I had to send my eggs back as they weren't cooked properly.

10. Re: Mai House Resort - how to book?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:35 am, February 03, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Phu Quoc Island