We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mosquito situation?

Surrey.UK
4 posts
Save Topic
Mosquito situation?

Hi

I'll be on Pho Quoc beginning of March. Just wondering what the mosquito situation is like.

Do you have to cover up arms & legs at night, or is it ok to bare some flesh if you've got repellent on?

thanks

Kim

New Plymouth, New...
Level Contributor
14 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mosquito situation?

Mossies are out in the evening, repellant is fine. We asked for a mossie coil at La Verandah restaurant and they happily provided one.

Surrey.UK
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Mosquito situation?

Thanks for this. I didn't think anyone was ever going answer.

Can you buy mossie coils on Phu Quoc?

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
8,740 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mosquito situation?

And strangely enough Phu Quoc Island is the only place I've stayed where the hotel room had a can of mosquito spray already supplied in it.

Surrey.UK
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Mosquito situation?

We're staying at the Beach Club, where I understand if its too hot overnight, the thing to do is to sleep with the window shutter open so you get the breeze off the sea...so I'd better get stocked up with spray,coils...anything else?

5. Re: Mosquito situation?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, August 01, 2010