We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phu Quoc Climate/Current Weather

Nottinghamshire
5 posts
Save Topic
Phu Quoc Climate/Current Weather

Hi,

Sorry to be asking again as seen another thread on this. What is the Weather currently like in Phu Quoc? I am travelling there in a week and all weather sites indicate cloud and rain.

Is this accurate?

Thanks for your help!

wales
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phu Quoc Climate/Current Weather

Just back from Phu Quoc. The weather was in the high 30's and quite humid. We had occassional rain overnight/very early morning but otherwise the days were dry and clear. For me, the mosquitos were a bigger problem rather than the weather - make sure you apply adequate repellant!

Surrey.UK
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Phu Quoc Climate/Current Weather

Hi

Is it sufficient to use lots of repellant or do you need to cover up arms & legs at night.

Kim

wales
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Phu Quoc Climate/Current Weather

I would use a repellent that contains Deet and cover up . Having travelled over the years Phu Quoq was the worst for mosquitos as far as I was concerned. Never been bitten so much!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
545 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Phu Quoc Climate/Current Weather

We are currently in Phu Quoc, it's 30c a little cloudy & humid.

New Plymouth, New...
Level Contributor
14 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Phu Quoc Climate/Current Weather

The weather requires a bikini, a book and a long slow cocktail with frequent swim breaks. Just make sure your hotel is beach side.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
212 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Phu Quoc Climate/Current Weather

How about some nouc mam as a bug repellent? [wink]

Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Phu Quoc Climate/Current Weather

I will be travelling to Vietnam this July/August and planning to visit Phu Quoc. As far as mosquitos, should I be bringing bug repellant with me or should I buy it there? How will the weather be then? Where are you guys staying on the island? Any good recommendations? And how did you get to the island? Please expand on any good tips. Thanks in advance.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
545 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Phu Quoc Climate/Current Weather

We forgot the repellent, but fortunately our hotel supplied it. But we didn't find the mosquito's any worse than in Mui Ne.

1 Tip, if you like indian food, try Ganesh, 97 Tran Hung Dao Street, the best indian we've eaten.

Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Phu Quoc Climate/Current Weather

Maisy33, I love Indian food. What city is this Ganesh in? Wow. I can't believe Indian food in Vietnam, but then again....my mom is a great cook....so no surprise that locals are able to do this. Are there alot of Indian restaurants and other types of cooking around too?

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Phu Quoc Climate/Current Weather

Hehe, I would think nuoc mam when liberally applied would repel more than just the mosquitos....

Saigon Flower, we were here in August last year, the weather is cooler then and it rains (wet season) but not all the time. Because it's cooler the mosquito situation is fairly well under control and you can buy repellent here, no problem.

We took the ferry across, you can combine with a trip through the Mekong Delta which is quite fun and takes a couple of days. Otherwise you can get a bus from HCMC direct to Rach Gia and onto the ferry. Flying is also good, costs a little bit more but you're there in an hour from HCMC and there are several flights a day.

In August you shouldn't have trouble getting a place to stay, and at off season rates. Depending on your budget there are a lot of good options. We found that at that time a few restaurants and other tourist related businesses were closed due to it being off season.

And finally, if you like Indian food, when you are in Saigon you must try Mumtaz on Bui Vien Street. Delish! Ganesh is a new (and I think currently the only?) Indian restaurant on Phu Quoc.