We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phu Quoc island next January

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
107 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Phu Quoc island next January

My husband and I were travelling in Thailand, Laos, and Cambodia last winter when we got stranded in Seam Reap because of the political unrest at Bangkok airport. We were suppose to fly to Bangkok then onto Phuket as a springboard for the islands, to spend our last 12 days. This winter we will go to Vietnam and since things are still topsy-turvy in Thailand I think we may try Phu Quoc. We will probably have about 4 to 5 nights there. Does anyone out there have any suggestions on where to stay around the $70 US range? Since it's our last few days I would be up to spending a bit more for something really special and I know it will still be high season. Also, has anyone been there recently in January, whats the weather like?

Mentioned in this post
Laos
Laos
Asia
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Phu Quoc Island...
Level Contributor
134 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phu Quoc island next January

Hi travelbug,

You're right re being high season, so the weather will be sunny all day everyday.

There are a couple of nice places to stay in the price range you mentioned.

You should have a look at Sea Star, Beach Club, and Cassia Cottage. All are between $40 to $80 per night in high season.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
107 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Phu Quoc island next January

Thanks Aussiebroad, I read a couple of reviews about Cassie Cottage that sounded great. We're really looking forward to Virtnam.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
545 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Phu Quoc island next January

We're planning on Phu Quoc for January 2010 as well. How far in advance do you think we should book accommodation/flights? Thanks

Phu Quoc Island...
Level Contributor
134 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Phu Quoc island next January

Hi maisy33,

Flights from Saigon to Phu Quoc can usually be booked only 1 or 2 weeks in advance, that is unless the Chinese new year happens to coincide with when you want to fly. I'm not sure when TET is next year, but you can check online. For accomadation I would book 2 to 3 months in advance as January is the peak of high season.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
545 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Phu Quoc island next January

Thanks Aussieabroad.

We're in the process of planning our trip starting Hanoi at Xmas and ending in Phu Quoc late January. Better check when TET is.

Mentioned in this post
Hanoi
Hanoi
Vietnam
6. Re: Phu Quoc island next January

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, October 30, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Phu Quoc Island