We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fun, beachy bungalow?

Boston...
Level Contributor
122 posts
1 review
Save Topic
fun, beachy bungalow?

we're looking for a beachfront bungalow in phu quoc in mid-feb... nothing too fancy needed. clean, quiet and comfortable with a water view is ideal.

a pool would be a bonus, and while we don't need much "nightlife," a few restaurants/bars within walking distance would be great too.

any recommendations much appreciated!

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
659 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: fun, beachy bungalow?

then cassia cottage seems to be the one, knowing the beach is pretty small.

beach club is more basic but good value.

mango bay the best surrounding and sea view bungalow by far but no restaurant/bar around so need to be ready to stay there.

la veranda is high class.

About bar/restaurant, don't expect too much. Phu Quoc is really not yet developped on this.

Food at beach club, mango bay and la veranda is great. Avoid cassia cottage restaurant.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
35 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: fun, beachy bungalow?

Spiderman

Can you please explain Small beach at Cassia Cottage - i actually dont understand as Cassia Cottage is situated on Long Beach

Long Beach is the main beach is it not - please explain

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
168 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: fun, beachy bungalow?

I stayed at Cassia Cottage and also don't understand the "small beach" comment. It looked pretty big to me. Food there was good too although I also ate well at all of the other places mentioned in the earlier posting. There are are a couple of beach front bars within walking distance. To the south of Cassia there is Rainbow Cafe which is a bit basic but fine for a cold beer and further down, just outside La Veranda is Eden. Eden was gearing up for high season with promised dancing on the beach and horrible free shots of mystery alcohol. Fun if you like that sort of thing.

Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
307 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: fun, beachy bungalow?

I stay at Beach Club (www.beachclubvietnam.com), great value bungalows right on the beach, run by a friendly Brit guy & his VNese wife. Good little bar/restaurant there too, and great beach massage.

Boston...
Level Contributor
122 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: fun, beachy bungalow?

thanks for all the suggestions! i read great things about beach club, but sadly their bungalows are full for the days we'll be there. :-( so for now it looks like we'll be staying at sea star. has anyone stayed there, and if so what do you think?

thx!

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
659 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: fun, beachy bungalow?

Hi cactus 4,

I am not spiderman but spiderpanam, not the same superpower.

Cassia cottage is on long beach BUT long beach is not only owned by cassia cottage I think :-)

Last time I went on cassia beach (2 months ago), I remember the beach furnitures being near each other(like 50cm from each other). Wich was not great for privacy. I might be wrong and maybe it was this way only because of the season...but still.

I might not be a good judge as I love privacy and quiet place so i just go to mango Bay (sometimes Bo resort) to enjoy huge quiet beach with absolutely nobody to disturb you.

I am working in saigon and will be very happy to come to check cassia cottage beach next time down.

thanks,

7. Re: fun, beachy bungalow?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, October 10, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Phu Quoc Island