We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

15days in Vietnam: Hanoi/Hue/Hoian/HCM?iternary help please

CA
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
15days in Vietnam: Hanoi/Hue/Hoian/HCM?iternary help please

Hi,

Thinking of travelling to Vietnam for the first time. I have 15 days max and love to touch base of Hanoi, Hue, Danang, Hoian and a few days on a nice (can swim,clear and no wave) beach. Can someone give me some advises on my planning. I know it's a bit greedy here. Thinking of arriving in Hanoi stay 2-3 days at teh beginning and leave at Ho Chi Ming(stay there the last 2 nights).But I don't know how I can make it down from North to South. Please help me here!

Many amny thanks!

L

1. Re: 15days in Vietnam: Hanoi/Hue/Hoian/HCM?iternary help please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:04 pm, March 06, 2008
2. Re: 15days in Vietnam: Hanoi/Hue/Hoian/HCM?iternary help please

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:09 am, February 28, 2008
nsw
Level Contributor
784 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 15days in Vietnam: Hanoi/Hue/Hoian/HCM?iternary help please

hi there

this is our itinerary we are doing 14 nites

Fly into Ho Chi Minh

Stay 4 nites

Half day tour of city

Full day tour of Mekong Delta

Fill in rest of time seeing city

fly to Nha Trang

Stay 2 nites

Half day tour

Beaches & sights

Fly to Danang

Car to Hoian

Stay 3 nites

get some clothes made

Half day tour My son

Private car & driver to Hue

Stay 2 nites

sites & half day tour

Fly to Hanoi

Stay 3 nites

Half day city tour

Water puppets included

Day tour to Halong Bay

Fly back to Ho Chi Minh

Catch connecting flight to Sydney

This is just a rough guide thought it covered as much as we could in the time we had

Good luck & enjoy

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
14,127 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 15days in Vietnam: Hanoi/Hue/Hoian/HCM?iternary help please

Danang is the town I would drop in your itinerary, and I would add Sapa. Since you have a limited time, I would fly as much as possible with the exception of Hue to Hoi An - this can be done by train as far as Danang and then a rented car/taxi (car all the way from Hue would be even better). See you there - I leave in 7 days myself (south to north). Try to add a few more days to your trip!!! Don't forget to add in your travel time from NA.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 15days in Vietnam: Hanoi/Hue/Hoian/HCM?iternary help please

For your first visit, I am tempted to suggest that you start in HCM City and finish in Hanoi; it could be a huge culture shock in terms of traffic etc and HCM City is a little easier to deal with than Hanoi. By the time you get there you will be a seasoned crosser-of-roads!!

I agree that Danang is a place you could omit from an itinerary. There is so much to see and enjoy in HCM City (include a day trip to the Mekong Delta and a trip to the Cu Chi tunnels), Hue, Hoi An, Nha Trang and Hanoi (plus Halong Bay). Would also recommend Sapa and Dalat.

Also recommend flights within Vietnam to travel long distances. We flew from HCM City to Danang (en route to Hoi An) and then again from Hue to Hanoi.

Vietnam is an amazing place and you should have a wonderful time there. As you can tell, I loved my holiday there last year!

Cananda
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 15days in Vietnam: Hanoi/Hue/Hoian/HCM?iternary help please

Hi,

I rearly love to travel to Vietnam, if you have 15days you can visit all Vietnam highlights. Last time i contact some travel agents in vietnam to check-in Itinerary and offer price. All of them were very helpful, at last, i chosed ciaoviet as my friends recomended. you also can do that!!!

Excelent itinerary i think is: Arrive Hanoi, visit around HAnoi, Halong, Sapa, take flight to Hue, transfer to Hoian enjoy nice, small town, beautiful beach...take flight to Nha Trang, drive to Mui Ne then drive to Saigon...

Hope you will have good trip!

los angeles
Level Contributor
539 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 15days in Vietnam: Hanoi/Hue/Hoian/HCM?iternary help please

We are going in June and I have researched this itinerary a lot. We are arriving Hanoi, 3 nights in Hanoi, 1 night Ha Long Bay on junk cruise. Depart that evening for Hue (7:30 p.m. flight). Two nights Hue so we have one full day there, driver to Hoi An -- 4 nights Hoi An so we have 3 full days. (this is our "chill" time). Then we chose to go to Siem Reap to see Angkor Wat, so we fly to Siem REap for 3 nights (3 full days there), then fly to HCMC for 3 nights so we have 2 full days -- one for the city and one for Mekong Delta.

If we hadn't added Angkor Wat, and were just staying in Cambodia, we would have used those 3 nights for SaPa. Hope this helps.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
22,570 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 15days in Vietnam: Hanoi/Hue/Hoian/HCM?iternary help please

I totally agree with Daawgon about skipping Da Nang. Frankly one afternoon/one night was more than enough for us. In our opinion the only thing really worth spending time at in Da Nang (apart from the airport :-) ) is the Cham Museum, which is very, very worth the visit. Otherwise, pfffff. Da Nang's focus is towards business visitors and there are few touristy places/sites.

sydney
Level Contributor
274 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 15days in Vietnam: Hanoi/Hue/Hoian/HCM?iternary help please

hey funcat,

go straight to hanoi, just jump in, its a mind blow. Stay in old town for a few nights, drink beer at the beer hoi in middle of old town, 17 cents aussie. if travel by train must buy from hotels, difficult to buy from train station. overnight train to hue pretty good.

only need a couple of days there. hoi ann beautiful, 3 or 4 days enough. dalat over rated but ok. nha trang good for beach chill. 4days enough. saigons not bad either. plenty to see but has nothing on hanoi. the further north you go the ruder the people are.

10. Re: 15days in Vietnam: Hanoi/Hue/Hoian/HCM?iternary help please

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 4:17 am, September 22, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Phu Quoc Island