We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving from Korat to Koh Chang

Korat
2 posts
Save Topic
Driving from Korat to Koh Chang

leaving korat on sat 17th for holiday in Koh Chan as never been there. Driving own car and would like some help on best route.

colin

2 replies to this topic
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,930 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving from Korat to Koh Chang

Looking at a map, and having made almost this drive lasy year, I would say south on 304 to Kabin Buri, then over to Sa Kaeo, then Highway 317 to Highway 3. I have driven from Buriram to Sa Kaeo, then down Highway 317 to Highway 3. Highway 317 is a decent road for rural Thailand. I have driven most of those roads over the last 2 years and they are decent enough roads, not motorways of course.

I actually was headed to Pattaya and chose the route because I had never been to that part of Thailand. From Buriram to Pattaya, it was about 10 hours, but we were not rushing, and we were taking the long way. To Koh Chang, it should be several hours less. Looking at a map, I estimate 7, but that is an estimate only.

Edited: 3:37 am, March 14, 2012
Korat
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving from Korat to Koh Chang

thanks for that, now leaving tomorrow as miss the beach and will travel the route, give an update when return.

Reply to: Driving from Korat to Koh Chang
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Nakhon Ratchasima