We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bangkok to korat/floods situation in korat

England,Birmingham
Level Contributor
403 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
bangkok to korat/floods situation in korat

What is the current situation regarding floods,

is their a problem travelling from bangkok airport to korat by road and if so is their flights to bangkok airport to korat,

because i heard korat airport closed a couple of years ago has it opened again.

Thank you in advance for any information .

Regards

bazkashmir

Prasat Hin Phimai (Phimai Historical Park)
Sacred & Religious Sites, Historic Sites
Thao Suranaree (Ya Mo) Monument
Monuments & Statues, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Wat Sala Loi
Sacred & Religious Sites
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bangkok to korat/floods situation in korat

To my knowedge the airport is still closed, you will have to catch a plane to kon Kean then its a 2 hour drive to Korat. Or you can take a bus from Bangkok to Korat which takes around 3-4 hours.

I will be travelling to Korat in December and we will be going by plane to Kon Kean then by car the rest of the way. The floods havent affected Korat.

Hope this helps! :)

Nicole.

England,Birmingham
Level Contributor
403 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bangkok to korat/floods situation in korat

Thank you for information Nicole.

Regards

bazkashmir

Nakhon Ratchasima...
Level Contributor
18 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bangkok to korat/floods situation in korat

i collect our clients weekly from bangkok new airport to our homestay !there is no problem road wise as long as you are coming from airport not from inside the city.(i have only just arrived back.aprox.4.5 hrs in our car..NOV.5. 2011)

if you are worried you can fly to khon kaen.expensive,as Thai air only.

get a similar flight but much cheaper(ASIA AIR)to UDON THANI and bus it to Khorat.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bangkok to korat/floods situation in korat

Hi...............Just read the above posts.

That's interesting, thanks for that info, as I have just been on the Bangkok Flood?forum querying all this.

I am travelling to Korat on Nov 26 from Chiang Mai, and at the moment have booked to fly down from CM back to Don Mueang airport with Nok Air, where I intended to get a bus from Morchit bus terminal to Korat.

If on that date Nok Air are still flying into Suvarnabhumi airport, does anyone think that I should get an Asia Air flight to Udon Thani and then a bus to Khorat?

If so,how much approx would the flight be and how just long does the bus take from Udon Thani to Khorat?

Or would it be more convenient to take the bus straight from Chiang Mai to Khorat, which apparently will take about 12 hours? Just don't fancy that long journey! But with the flood situation in Bangkok at the moment, it might save alot of hassle?

Edited: 3:44 pm, November 06, 2011
Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bangkok to korat/floods situation in korat

Another thought.........!!

How much would a taxi cost approx, from Suvarnabhumi airport to Khorat?

Thank you!

Bangkok, Thailand
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bangkok to korat/floods situation in korat

Hello bazkashmir

I am teaching in a town in Korat Province and for me to get from Bangkok to Korat on Sat (5 Nov) took 6 hours instead of 3. This is because of the flooding in Salaburi (province just outside Bangkok heading northeast). If you are coming from Chiang Mai I would recommend going straight to Korat from there and avoiding the Bangkok area if possible. If you get an overnight bus the 12hrs arent that painful cuz you doze through most of it.

If you decide to go to Bangkok I've been quoted a taxi to Korat for 3000 baht, but not sure how accurate that is. A bus to Korat from Mo Chit bus station is 200 baht. I just heard though that Mo Chit maybe affected by flooding in the next few days - but not a big issue as they will just move the pick-up/drop off spots.

If your coming on the 26th, flooding may have subsided a little too...

My 2 cents anyways - good luck

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: bangkok to korat/floods situation in korat

Emily.....that info is really helpful. I'll keep an eye on the flood situation and then decide nearer the time I guess.

Thank you.

8. Re: bangkok to korat/floods situation in korat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 am, November 08, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Nakhon Ratchasima