We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Seminyak Suites or the Elysian Villa????

Stirling, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
The Seminyak Suites or the Elysian Villa????

Hi all,

I am really confused, there seems to a lot of recommedations on the Seminyaks Suites on the forum but no offical reviews, yet there are reviews for Elysian, does anyone know why?

We are going to Bali for the first time in June 07 but we are unsure where to stay, it will be a villa at either of the two resorts, but whihc is best?

We like both food and shopping, and are quite willing to walk places( provding its not up dark alleys at night time!)

Can anyone recommend which resort would be best.

Thanks

Eilidh

ps if any one know of any offers at either resort please let me know

Mentioned in this post
The Elysian
The Elysian
590 Reviews
Seminyak, Indonesia
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Seminyak Suites or the Elysian Villa????

Hi,

There are hundreds of villas all over Bali and it seems as though they are mushrooming every other month! So that's why it's difficult to get reviews and information, especially on new villas, because not everyone has stayed there, and even those who have stayed there may not write reviews, etc, etc.

I haven't seen the Elysian, but I have seen Seminyak Suites. The location is excellent if it's convenience you're looking for. I saw it last year and it looked pretty new.

As for places to stay and offers at any other resorts - well, you'll have to search online for that. None of us here are travel agents, so we can't tell you off hand which resorts have got offers, unless we stumble upon it ourselves.

A word of warning though - the more you look, the more confused you may get, but here are some websites to look at:

www.villainbali.com

www.kecak.com

www.balivilla.com

www.balivillas.com

www.allbalivillas.com

www.baliexperience.com

www.balibagus.com

www.villakubu.com

I sometimes book my villas through Eni at www.balivilla.com

I get her to tell me if she has any offers - as that's her job - and then I decide if I want to stay there or not, and I always scout around for prices to compare. I don't always book my viillas through her though. I go with the one who can give me the best deal. ;-P

If you like the look of Seminyak Suites, you may also want to consider:

Uma Sapna

Akyati

Villa Jodie

Kunthi Villas

Villa De Daun - the new one bedrooms

The Amasya - the new one bedrooms

Chimera

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
The Elysian
The Elysian
590 Reviews
Seminyak, Indonesia
Seminyak
Seminyak
Kuta District, Indonesia
Uma Sapna
Uma Sapna
1,333 Reviews
Seminyak, Indonesia
Daun Bali Seminyak Hotel
Daun Bali Seminyak Hotel
235 Reviews
Seminyak, Indonesia
Amasya Villas
Amasya Villas
102 Reviews
Seminyak, Indonesia
singapore
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Seminyak Suites or the Elysian Villa????

Hope this is not coming in too late - I would highly recommend you NOT to go to Seminyak Suites. I just got back from spending a week there - the location is not the best, we had taxi drivers going the 'wrong way' on purpose just to earn more $.

Also the rooms are very badly maintained. The toilets were malfunctioning all the time. The door to your room is a sliding 2-piece glass door which is not sealed properly where the 2 pieces of glass meet, so my hubby and I had mosquito attacks every night - and we are not talking about 1 or 2 mossies, we are looking at at least 5 - 7 bites on each person per night. I have to see a doctor now because some of the bites have gotten worse where mossies have bitten on the same spot repeatedly and they look like huge ugly rashes.

I am currently lodging a very long and angry a complaint to the Asian Travel Club which recommended the place - my only advice is, avoid there at all costs!

Mentioned in this post
Seminyak
Seminyak
Kuta District, Indonesia
San Francisco
Level Contributor
9 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Seminyak Suites or the Elysian Villa????

I am at the Elysian right now and it is beyond great! We canceled other plans and extended here. The facilities are gorgeous, the staff incredibly friendly and helpful, and the on site restaurant is actually as good as the higher priced trendy eateries outside and much less expensive. A superb seafood lemon grass stew is 35000 R, less than US $4.00. A fresh fruit smoothie is 20000R, about US $2.30? The breakfasts are included in your room rate and are top notch. All served from an absolutely immaculate poolside kitchen. It is only a four minute walk from the beach too. I HIGHLY recommend it.

Mentioned in this post
The Elysian
The Elysian
590 Reviews
Seminyak, Indonesia
Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
469 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Seminyak Suites or the Elysian Villa????

The Elysian is one of the places I recently checked out. They had a winter package on their website for 2 nights, which ended up being almost $300 a night. Villa looks really nice, but a big pricey... but then again...I do like all the add-ons that many other villas don't provide like i-pod, laptop, canggu club membership...etc. Seems to really target young couples who like keepin in touch with modern facilities?

Also heard the sunbeds are uncomfortable to lay on..although they look good. Is this true?

I'm also having trouble deciding on a villa in Seminayk because it's my first time and I want to make the right choice.

A few I have checked out.

The Elysian - seems nice, with full package.. but a bit pricey. Is it worth it?

Sesari Villa - waiting for their offer...seems simple, nice, and clean..

Villa Jerami - haven't been able to find anything about this place..looks nice, but maybe nothing special?

Maya Sayang - offers a great rate to a travel club I'm part of...but heard issues with noise because of their location. Is it really better to stay slightly away from all the hustle and bustle and use the drop-off service provided by the villa?

What I'm looking for is:

1. Style: Relatively new villa. Modern is nice, but not when it's like b villa. Sesari style modern is okay or even a mixture of traditional and modern.

2. Location: Closeness to beach is not that important since I'm sure I'll be spending more time at shops, spas, etc. and my pool villa.....!!

3. Room: We are a couple, so would need 1-bedroom or 2-bedroom if cheap (since the pool would most likely be bigger)

4. Budget: up to app. $200-250? I don't want to spend that much since I'm sure I won't be staying in my villa all the time because it's my first time to Bali.. would love to find a villa under $200 if possible.

I know many of you have answered re: villas, but any suggestions based on what I wrote? :) Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
The Elysian
The Elysian
590 Reviews
Seminyak, Indonesia
Villa Jerami & Spa
Villa Jerami & Spa
326 Reviews
Seminyak, Indonesia
Maya Sayang Villa
Maya Sayang Villa
169 Reviews
Seminyak, Indonesia
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Bandung, Indonesia
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: The Seminyak Suites or the Elysian Villa????

i prefer to uma sapna villa

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
710 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Seminyak Suites or the Elysian Villa????

Hi Ocean Spray,

If you looked at The Elysian, also look at The Ahisma and Villa Kipas, at either end of Sari Dewi. The Elysian is right in the middle of this reasonably long street, and it is a bit of a walk to the beach. They are both much closer to the beach and better value.

Sesari's villas are a bit small - their original model (Alua Bali) seems to have shrunk in transition :-)

Not sure when you are going, but getting a Seminyak beach precinct villa sub USD 200 will not be easy.

cheers.

Mentioned in this post
The Elysian
The Elysian
590 Reviews
Seminyak, Indonesia
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
469 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Seminyak Suites or the Elysian Villa????

Hello,

Thank you for your reply and suggestions.

Yes, I've noticed you've been recommending Villa Kipas a lot. Just out of curiosity, are you connected in any way? Just asking since you seem to recommend Villa Kipas (or Sekar Taman) almost all the time when someone's looking for a villa in Seminyak. :)

I did contact Villa Kipas and they were very prompt and friendly, but their benefits seemed to be quite simple: only breakfast and pick-up/drop-off. No other services like afternoon tea.... even internet is available by use of 'hotspot purchase cards'. Not saying there's anything wrong with Villa Kipas and I know small inclusions like that aren't really much in terms of costs, but........ Will probably consider it for another stay. Price was around $270/night.

I actually will be booking Sesari because it's my first time to Bali and I knew I wouldn't be spending the entire day in the villa, but going out to shop, eat, etc. Price is actually below $200, so I think it's perfect. The pool/deck area is not as nice as Kipas (I like the little garden/pond area), but I think it's perfect in terms of price...and not in the middle of the restaurants... proximity to the beach is not important since all villas provide drop-off serivce. A nice pool and a clean sort of modern villa is pretty much what I'm looking for, so I think it suits my standards. I will try to post something after I come back..Hopefully Sesari will be as nice as I hope it will be.

Thank you anyway. Hope this is of some help to others booking a villa in Seminyak.

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
710 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Seminyak Suites or the Elysian Villa????

Hi Ocean Spray,

No, not connected, but having stayed in most of the villas along Sari Dewi over the past 5 -6 years, I have developed personal favourites - as we all do. Given that it is a reasonably long and narrow road, and being a beach person, those closest to the beach suit me best. As mentioned, I quite like the Ahisma also for this reason.

if, as you say, beach access is not that important to you, you should have a look also at Villa Air and Sentosa (same area as Sesari) which are both very good non-beach area villas.

Have a great holdiday.

cheers.

Mentioned in this post
San Francisco
Level Contributor
9 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Seminyak Suites or the Elysian Villa????

If you shop online you can get high season rates of US$195 NET (not plus plus) at the Elysian. Oddly they will not give you the same low rates if you go direct thus saving them a commission. Some guests do pay more, but you don't have to if they have any vacancies and you have a good Internet connection. Try ratestogo.com or Expedia. Both had a few rooms at $195. They often book up and will have higher and higher occupancy rates as the word spreads. It is a great place with the best staff of any Bali hotel I have ever been to. They REALLY understand service, attentive but not obtrusive and genuinely warm and friendly. If I were going to start my own villa/hotel business in Bali I would try to hire their staff away.

Mentioned in this post
The Elysian
The Elysian
590 Reviews
Seminyak, Indonesia
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
10. Re: The Seminyak Suites or the Elysian Villa????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:20 pm, September 06, 2009