We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oberoi or Legian Hotel?

glasgow
4 posts
Save Topic
Oberoi or Legian Hotel?

I'm planning my honeymoon to Bali next May. I want us to stay in a really luxurious hotel. My research so far has suggested that the Oberoi Bali and Legian Bali hotles are the best around. They both seem about the same price- which is best? Any other suggestions would also be welcome!

amsterdam
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Oberoi or Legian Hotel?

Hello,

We stayed at the Legian, in the hotel itslf as well as The Club. For a honeymoon, I would definitely recommend The Club: it is pricy, but absolutely fabulous. Even if you can afford it it for only two nights: do it, it is absulotely worth it. Service is great, the villa is top knotch.

The Legian hotel is also very nice. Take a higher floor for a good view over the beach.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
8 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oberoi or Legian Hotel?

Hi,

First of all, i can say that Bali is the ideal place for a breathtaking honeymoon because this is undoubtly the most amazing island in the world.

Your research selects two hotels situated in the same area, Seminyak which is fancy and trendy and if you hesitate between The Oberoi and The Legian, choose The Legian because The Oberoi starts to be old and the decoration is a bit "has been".

About The Legian, after staying about six times in this luxurious hotel, i can say this is a very good hotel but it's more for families. The size of the suites is huge and the view on the ocean absolutely unforgettable. Staff is very polite and efficient and public areas very comfortable and clean... However, as said the other member, it's better to stay at The Club at The Legian: You have to cross the road and discover a discrete compound very exclusive with only 11 villas with private pool and private butler service. The decoration is ultra trendy and all the benefits very appreciable but you don't have any view and if you're not lucky to be allocated in the villa 7 or 8, be careful if you're claustrophobic because the villa is close to a building...

Honnestly, if you don't mind not to stay in Seminyak, choose AMANKILA, the most amazing place i've seen all over the globe. The Indrakila Suite or The Kilisari have a private pool and a impressive view on the ocean. The staff is the best i've never seen and all of them will always try to turn your experience into a magical time. The area is absolutely gorgeous with a lot of things to see and to do and the management is so exceptionnal: Tracy, the GM, takes care of all the little details to do of your stay at Amankila, the best moment of your life. That's true, it's a little bit more expensive but it's for your honeymoon and honnestly, it would give you an incredibly good memory for lifetime. Don't hesitate to contact me if you need some more informations.

Best regards and have a wonderful honeymoon.

Rod

bali
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Oberoi or Legian Hotel?

Hi there...

I completely agree with Rod. I stayed at Amankila a couple of months ago and the resort was sooo gorgeous. The staffs were amazing, view was spectacular and they have a fantastic beach. It's quite pricy but absolutely worth every penny we spent. If you managed to stay there, don't miss the beach bbq dinner. You'll have the entire beach club, pool and beach reserved just for you. They will set up a table with candles and flowers on the beach with a private chef and waiter just for you two. It'd be perfect for your honeymoon.

Anyway, if you must choose between Oberoi and Legian, my preference would be The Legian..

Let us know how it goes. Good luck! :)

dez

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oberoi or Legian Hotel?

Hi,

I'd vote for The Legian as well.....so....so it's pretty unanimous, no? :-)

South Africa
Level Contributor
22 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Oberoi or Legian Hotel?

stayed in the Legian in July (also checked out the Oberoi), the Legian is in a different class and is an IDEAL honeymoon spot.

Enjoy !!!!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
30 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Oberoi or Legian Hotel?

I would like to write something different. I stayed at the Oberoi for my honeymoon in August and it was amazing. We walked by the legian a couple of times and much prefered the oberoi. the legian looked very snooty.

The oberoi is amazing. the rooms are amazing, the food, the staff. Everything was just how I wanted it to be. it is smaller than the legian and more quaint. I say go for the oberoi.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
80 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Oberoi or Legian Hotel?

The Oberoi, anytime!

There are few hotels in the world that have a sense of place and history --- the Oberoi is one of them.

There are even fewer that have that indefinable something called "magic" --- and the feeling of being at home though you are in the lap of luxury. The Oberoi has both.

And YES its romantic....far more so than the hideous Legian which looks like a factory. Everything (beginning with the lighting!) at the Oberoi is conjured artlessly to promote a feeling of timeless peace and beauty.

If money is no object, opt for the Royal Villa with private pool....and go straight to heaven with your love!

Bali
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Oberoi or Legian Hotel?

If you want to stay in Seminyak and this is a good choice in Bali, thy

The Samaya .

This is next to The Legian and The Oberoi. It has the modern facilities of The Legian , but he charm of a small boutique hotel, with an excellent location also directly on the beach, beautiful bungalows with own plunge or lap pool and fantastic food and a tremendous restaurant.

This is a prferred place for Honeymooners.

Cendra

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
312 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Oberoi or Legian Hotel?

Hi! Why don't you just stay in The Club for 2 nights(or more), at the Oberoi for 2 nights, at the Samaya 2 nights and at the Ahimsa 2 nights.... perhaps you'll anjoy your honeymoon .........

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
312 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Oberoi or Legian Hotel?

for the last one i mean AMANKILA, enjoy...