We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seminyak - Accommodation / Fishing / Weather.. Newbie.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Seminyak - Accommodation / Fishing / Weather.. Newbie.

Hi All,

Before planning a trip i find myself on the TripAdvisor boards, and its that time where i'm not having any luck finding a place that meets a criteria.

The criteria is, 10 people only 2 of these people are couples.

So ideally we would like single beds or roll out beds if we have to.

The problem i'm finding it that Seminyak seems to be more for the couples, however i think its a beautiful place and would love to relax there and head to kuta or legian when the party mood kicks in.

So its a long first post but the second thing is, how is the weather during the time of December January?

Also if anyone knows how the big game fishing during that time of year and where is the best area to go for fishing charters?

Perth
Level Contributor
1,633 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seminyak - Accommodation / Fishing / Weather.. Newbie.

Are you looking at villa or hotel accomodation? And what is your budget per person per night? Did you want to be closer to shops r beach or good eating. All are easily accessed by taxis but you may hav a preference on being walking distance to certain things.

December/January is the wet season so expect humid weather with some heavy downfalls. It doesn't mean it will rain the whole time you are there, but you should be prepared that there is a fair chance that some activities may have to be postponed due to the weather.

I have been in December and got away with no rain though, but it is wet season and unfortunately no one can accurately predict the weather

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seminyak - Accommodation / Fishing / Weather.. Newbie.

Thanks for the post, i've been to Thailand during wet season and it rained however it was only for an hour or so each day.

Budget we were looking at was 250-350 for the 8nights per person (Please let me know if this is unreasonable) ive never been so unsure.

Location isnt a major issue but closer to the beach would be a preference.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,684 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seminyak - Accommodation / Fishing / Weather.. Newbie.

The weather in December and January can feature a broad range of conditions including very strong north west winds, which result in very rough seas and rubbish overtaking the west coast beaches. However like the weather any where its varies and the east coast is sheltered from these winds. Slim from the Baliwaves website runs sport fishing tours from Tuban (near the airport) on a traditional junkung, reasonably priced and targeting spanish mackeral, GT's. There's photos on his website

Edited: 1:56 am, July 14, 2014
Perth
Level Contributor
1,633 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seminyak - Accommodation / Fishing / Weather.. Newbie.

Am I correct that you are Intending on staying over the new year/Xmas period or are you still to make a decision on which month? If so you will find your budget a little tight but if you are flexible with dates there are a few options.

I would suggest maybe looking at grandmas in seminyak. Rooms are small but if it's your first time you probably won't be spending much time here anyway. Rooms start at 330,000 rp per night which is about $30! This way you could h ave your own rooms or save a bit more and get twin beds. I believe it is about $60 per night over peak times though but check out your dates on their website.

It is straight across from breezes hotel and close to puri saron, Pelangi and puri cendana if there were some in your group that wanted a more traditional Balinese style hotel at a slightly higher price. It is a few hundred meters to the beach, where you can visit the bean bag beach bars, close to good dining, easy access to cabs and very close to a mini mart with an honest, reliable money changer. It is possible to walk to eat street but easier to take a taxi. A pleasant walk along the beach to the legian restaurant strip.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seminyak - Accommodation / Fishing / Weather.. Newbie.

To be honest was really keen on just getting a real big nice place and if we have to stretch the budget then so be it.

The only problem seems to be all beds are kings or queens if I'm not mistaken.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seminyak - Accommodation / Fishing / Weather.. Newbie.

Also are there any good hotel rooms where we can get a large amount of rooms and join them ?

Trying to think outside the box

Another thing does anyone have a contact for a real estate agent in Seminyak that i can contact to get some help.

Perth
Level Contributor
1,633 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Seminyak - Accommodation / Fishing / Weather.. Newbie.

If you have a look at flipkey, you will be able to search villas by the number of bedrooms you are after and a price range.

For your budget, you will be able to find a villa but more likely further away from the beach.

Perth
Level Contributor
1,633 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Seminyak - Accommodation / Fishing / Weather.. Newbie.

Sorry just remembered if you are looking at peak season, your budget may be a squeeze but still not impossible just probably the east side of jl legian / raya seminyak so not really a p,l walk to many places but still a cheap cab ride.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Seminyak - Accommodation / Fishing / Weather.. Newbie.

Really just want to relax and head to the beach and if required check kuta out.

It's more of a getaway so after a nice place with a pool.

The rest I'll compromise on ;)

I'll check it out thanks mate

10. Re: Seminyak - Accommodation / Fishing / Weather.. Newbie.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, July 16, 2015