We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seminyak for Family Vacation?

Semarang, Indonesia
5 posts
Save Topic
Seminyak for Family Vacation?

Hi, I am planning a family vacation to Bali. We will be with our parents (age >60) and our baby (8 months). We are looking for a villa in Seminyak but after reading some reviews I came to the conclusion that most of the affordable villas in Seminyak are located inside narrow lane (gang) and our rental car would not make it inside (would require our elders quite some walk?). Can anybody please confirm that this is (or this is not) the actual case in Seminyak? Thanks...

Sydney, Australia
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Seminyak for Family Vacation?

Hi , we stayed at arama riverside villas , great place . Short stroll out the back gate to main road and you can park at the front of the villas .

Perth, Australia
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Seminyak for Family Vacation?

Have you been to Bali before? I wouldn't recommend driving too crazy for me when it's so easy to hire a driver who can take you anywhere you need.

Perth
Level Contributor
570 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seminyak for Family Vacation?

When you say rental car, do you mean you'll be driving?

Like others, I would advise against that.

I've stayed at several villas down a gang and while I would not feel comfortable driving down there - the drivers we've had have done a great job at navigating down the tight laneways.

There's only one villa I've stayed at that couldn't make it all the way down to the front gate and this one had a carpark at the end and was then gated to walk down the footpath to the villas (so was intentionally narrow - not for cars, only walking).

Sydney, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Seminyak for Family Vacation?

We stayed at villa Dewata 1 with our extended family in February the villa has a driver included pick up and drop off at front door . Beautiful villa fantastic staff and location

Semarang, Indonesia
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Seminyak for Family Vacation?

Thanks for all your advice, folks. No, I will not be driving in Bali - we will hire the same driver that we hired 5 yrs ago during our vacation there.

6. Re: Seminyak for Family Vacation?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 20, 2015