We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa Lylah

Which Seminyak hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Villa Lylah

Hi

We are a group of 9 adults- (4 couples, 1 single, plus 2 children under 8 years old, arriving Seminyak on 26th June for 12 nights. Ideally we would all like to stay in the one villa with flexibility to have a room each for the couples & kids sharing. We were considering amongst others, Villa Lylah, but there doesn't seem to be any reviews about it on TA. Any views about this property, including quality of the accommodation, proximity to restaurants bars, value for money etc

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
119 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa Lylah

I'd be worried if there aren't ant TA reviews, villa may have changed name recently. I'd be careful in case it's a scam.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa Lylah

Thanks Jill - I also note a number of the Villas are asking for 50% deposit on booking & the balance paid prior to arrival - not something I am happy to do, as it doesnt give you much leverage if the place is not as advertised! Have you booked any villas to Bali recently & any suggestions how to get round this?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
119 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa Lylah

I agree sounds very suspect. I have booked villas but the more popar ones where I've just used a ccard to secure. I have a friend who lives in Bali - how many rooms do u need and budget? I personally would never pay half up front. Also what time of year. Unfortunately you need to be careful. Another trap is they quote in US dollars then convert to rupee - hard to get Round so it's good to ask what exchange rte they will be using. Sometimes it's easier if u can find ur accomm on an aust website or expedia as you know exactly what ur going to be paid. Let me know and will ask my friend for A reputable agent who can offer you a variety of options. Nill

Perth
Level Contributor
1,627 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa Lylah

I have always paid a 50 per cent deposit to secure the date and then paid the other half before I went I got there (usually before I go as I like having it all paid or and I only have to worry about spending money!)

I would message ILab who is a TA member with a great knowledge of villas.

Just be careful, there are scams out there so seeking out info like you have done is a good idea. Good luck with the search.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Villa Lylah

There are 9 adults & 2 children under 8 from 26th June to 8th July coming over from the UK & Aus. Ideally we are looking for a 6 bedroom villa or possibly 5, although that would mean one parent sharing with the 2 kids! Location preferably near Seminyak/Legian & a budget of up to $700 US. We are currently dealing with Nathan Flax of Total Bali Villas & he seems to be quite helpful but always appreciate recommendations from a trusted local. Thanks for your advice

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Villa Lylah

Thanks Hunter - I didnt seem to have any of these issues when we booked a holiday to Bali 2 years ago!! - How do I get in touch with ILAB please?

7. Re: Villa Lylah

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, March 19, 2015