We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pelangi Hotel

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
39 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Pelangi Hotel

Hi,

I read in a review yesterday that construction works are taking place out the front of Pelangi Hotel on the beach. Can someone tell me what they are building and exactly where this is. I presume it's a warung, so shouldn't be too big. I'm just worried that the beach and sea view will be gone from the hotel. Does anyone know when this is supposed to be completed?

Hope someone knows something about this and can answer my question. Any updates will be most welcome, thanks...

Denpasar, Indonesia
Level Contributor
261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pelangi Hotel

Dear Sonya

You are right , there's a renovation of a small restaurant on the left side by the beach infront of Pelangi hotel . I m not sure when its gone be done , right know as I know the doing finishing work for that renovation.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
39 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pelangi Hotel

Thank you blimade for the update..sounds like it's next to the juice bar. Sorry to hear about it really, it's becoming overcrowded now, and yes, that will definitely take some of the beach view away from the Pelangi hotel. I hope the regular sellers in that spot haven't been too disadvantaged either.

Thanks again

Sonja

Melbourne
Level Contributor
33 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pelangi Hotel

We're booked to stay here in about a fortnight, so I can take photos and post with my review when we get home to show what is and isn't visible.

Being a first time traveller I won't know the difference but people who have been previously will be able to gauge.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
39 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pelangi Hotel

Oh thank you so much, that would be great. We stayed at Pelangi for 3 weeks last year and loved the fact that you could sit and watch the beach from around the pool area. We will be back for another 3 weeks later this year so hope it will still be nice. Location is great there..I hope you have a great holiday and like the hotel.

Thanks again

Sonja

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
72 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pelangi Hotel

We will be there in about 10 days time. I was also wondering what construction was going on. We stay at the Pelangi because of the position and the view from the pool/restaurant so hope this has not been spoiled. I will also take photos and review while I am there.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
39 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pelangi Hotel

Thanks, I will be very interested to see photos looking out to the beach from the restaurant and pool area. I emailed Pelangi yesterday, and they confirmed that there was a small warung being built over in the corner, outside the hotel, on the beach. She didn't say which side, but said it didn't interfere with the hotel. Also, she said it would be finished before July. I also hope you have a great holiday..

Thanks again

Sonja

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
240 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pelangi Hotel

Hi I am thinking of booking the Pelangi Hotel on Feb 2015...and just wondering how your last visits went?

Thanks

Jeanette

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
39 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pelangi Hotel

Hi Jeanette,

We had a wonderful stay at the Pelangi again, and will return again next year. This hotel is very popular, and a lot of people return to this hotel. The staff make this hotel very special for us, and of course it's in prime position, being right on the beach. The hotel isn't too big, and it's not new...but we love it. We prefer the ground floor deluxe room, but superior rooms are really nice as well. I hope you enjoy your upcoming holiday, and that my reply was of some help.

Sonja.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
240 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pelangi Hotel

Thank you Sonja....you were a great help

10. Re: Pelangi Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, November 22, 2015