We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Night time security at Private Villas

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Night time security at Private Villas

I will be traveling to Bali in November with my 2 young girls (age 10 and 12) and a niece (age 16).

I am concerned about night time security at the private villa. Is there any tips in choosing a villa with security in mind?

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Night time security at Private Villas

No tips except watch the security for the first few nights. See if they are awake :)

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
905 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Night time security at Private Villas

If you feel nervous about security for a villa stay, maybe its your first time in a villa?, you might do what my family did... Book a villa that is part of a large group eg Dyana Villas, Sienna Villas, that way you most likely have to make thru their boom gate, security post and maybe they even have a private road. Our first stay in a villa was with Bugis in their Drupadi location. The gang the villas are on is a dead end and before you reach the row of Bugis villas their is a security post and boom gate. The only traffic there are guests, Bugis staff and booked transport. The other Bugis locations we have stayed in were not on private roads though. Lucky we have TA and other review sites so we can all research our choices well in advance.You will definitely need to 'feel safe' to be able to enjoy your holiday!

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Night time security at Private Villas

Thank you very much, Natalie. Your comment is certainly helpful. I have found a wonderful private villa but I feel wary thinking about our security at night, I want to be able to sleep peacefully. Thank you for your suggestion, will definitely find a villa that is part of a group.

Sydney
Level Contributor
128 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Night time security at Private Villas

We used Villa Kubu in Seminyak (Australian owner) very good probably not the cheapest but always felt safe and stay 1 week. Had security at each end of the complex. Be careful of cheap advertised places.

Enjoy

Regards, Jenny

5. Re: Night time security at Private Villas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:49 am, November 18, 2014
6. Re: Night time security at Private Villas

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:13 am, July 15, 2013
7. Re: Night time security at Private Villas

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 17, 2014