We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants open on Nyepi Eve

Which Seminyak hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Aust
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
Restaurants open on Nyepi Eve

Will most restaurants close early on 11 March, Nyepi Eve? I know Biku, Coccoon & Sea Circus are closing in the afternoon, just wondering if that is the case of most places to eat. Will be eating at the resort on Nyepi Day, so would prefer to eat elsewhere every other day. We are staying in the Petitenget area.

Thanks

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
4,721 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants open on Nyepi Eve

I'm sure that you will find something open.I hope so because we will be looking as well.

Cheers Mac

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
558 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants open on Nyepi Eve

Parades start about 6.30pm and can go for about 3 to 4 hours so you will need to eat early.

Ask at you Hotel for the smaller local ones as the main ones have such big crowds it is impossible to see properly.

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Bali, Canggu, Kerobokan
Level Contributor
8,480 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants open on Nyepi Eve

Most will be closed as staff want to get to their villages early. Metis is also closed.

Cheers

Edited: 1:49 am, February 14, 2013
Perth
Level Contributor
218 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants open on Nyepi Eve

Last year, mikinos was open... Near ultimos. Or a few resort type restaurants, like breeze at samya. We just had a huge lunch... Streets are strangely quiet come 6pm.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
433 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants open on Nyepi Eve

We were in Bali for Nypei last year and will be there again in a few weeks. We stayed in South Kuta at the holiday Inn. We went into Kuta around lunchtime to pick up supplies on the eve of Nypei and it was impossible getting back. Roads are closed. Most places close down in the afternoon. I would suggest taking a meal at another resort close to you and then eating in your hotel on the 12th. That way you are not eating at the same place twice.

Aust
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants open on Nyepi Eve

Thanks, might have a big lunch and then see what is open for a light tea. Think we will stick close by the resort.

Does anyone know how I find out which streets the parades go along?

Perth
Level Contributor
218 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants open on Nyepi Eve

Main street heading into kuta.

8. Re: Restaurants open on Nyepi Eve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 16, 2014