We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flipkey booking

Which Seminyak hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
479 posts
Save Topic
flipkey booking

i have just paid deposit for villa through flipkey and since read some reviews involving scams...panic..paid by credit card yesterday...should i go ahead or cancel payment...many thanks

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Legian
Level Contributor
5,656 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flipkey booking

Providing the Vila/hotel can guarantee your booking you should be fine.Make direct contact with the villa or hotel to confirm they have indeed got your booking.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
479 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: flipkey booking

Many Thanks have booked this for my daughter she has been working really hard for this holiday would hate it to be sploit only to find out no villa...

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
2,425 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: flipkey booking

Yes as TLM has said the best thing to do is to try to make contact with the villa owner direct.

I know you say you booked through flip key but was it through an agent or direct with the villa owner.

Maybe let us know the name of the villa and who you have been dealing with.

If its ant cosalation I have booked four or five villas and have all been above board. Maybe just good luck but not all are dodgey

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
479 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: flipkey booking

Villa Marta have just received email from owner with my concerns have re assured me everything is ok...will send me confirmation of booking soon as payment is received....never had problems before but after a few reviews with people being scammed was quite worried...thanks guys

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Legian
Level Contributor
5,656 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: flipkey booking

Thats good news.

6. Re: flipkey booking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, December 17, 2013