We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best air travel to Perth-DPS ... Luggage fees?

toronto
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best air travel to Perth-DPS ... Luggage fees?

looking at JetStar vs Virgin Air vs Air Asia...who allows more than a knapsack without fees

St. Gallen...
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,885 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best air travel to Perth-DPS ... Luggage fees?

You have to pay extra luggage fees for all these airlines.. Consider Garuda if you do not wish to pay luggage fees.. It is sometimes cheaper than any of the airlines that you mentioned and way more comfortable..

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
14,194 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best air travel to Perth-DPS ... Luggage fees?

Definitely Garuda if you can get a good price. 30kg plus 7kg hand luggage with economy fare. Not sure about the others. We always go with Garuda.

Perth
Level Contributor
570 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best air travel to Perth-DPS ... Luggage fees?

We're flying with Garuda at Christmas.

It was only slighty more than Air Asia, and once you added luggage and meals on, it would've been the same. :)

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
51 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best air travel to Perth-DPS ... Luggage fees?

Just remember you get what you pay for. these 3 airlines are generally cheaper for a reason I agree with the other 3 posts I prefer Garuda but I have also gone with the other 3 and I would probably choose Virgin over Jetstar and never going Air asia again!

All 3 of them will sting you for excess baggage.

Jetstar do have really good deals sometimes tho but I find they are always changing flight times and messing people around.

And Air Asia dont serve alcohol, its not even available to purchase (heaven forbid i arrive in Bali sober)

The other problem with these 3 is if for any reason you need to change your flight, you pretty much have to forfeit your ticket and buy a new one where as Garuda will change it for a fee.

If you get in early you can get good deals with Garuda but you have to keep an eye out for them. and being able to take 30 kilo's is great!

5. Re: Best air travel to Perth-DPS ... Luggage fees?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 28, 2013