We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seminyak vs Sanur

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
74 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Seminyak vs Sanur

My wife & I are travelling to Bali in May/June 2013 with several other couples for my wife's birthday.

We mostly seek; a really nice hotel along the beach with nice nearby restaurants. There is a slim chance we may try a local nature activity such as elephant ride or swim with dolphin (however we do not need to be near any bars or shopping).

We enjoyed our honeymoon at Intercontinental Jimbarin Bay 8 years ago, however I think this location might be a bit isolated, so considering other locations.

Plenty of people seem to recommend Sanur and the local travel agent I spoke with today suggested Seminyak.

How would you rate Sanur Vs Seminyak?

Thanks in advance.

Paul

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Legian
Level Contributor
5,716 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seminyak vs Sanur

Seminyak is the new hub of Bali,many up market restaurants,bars spas and designer shops as well as medium range eateries and shopping.

There are some great villas and hotels in Seminyak but not all are beachfront.

Sanur is a quieter spot with many lovely hotels along the beach path.There are ample restaurants to please all tastes and shopping and spas.

I feel like i am in another world in Sanur away from the hustle and bustle,i also find it a lovely spot to holiday to relax and unwind.

Jimbaran is very isolated and Sanur has so much more to offer.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
997 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seminyak vs Sanur

Unless you stay in a hotel or villa off the main drag Seminyak can be very noisy. As TLM said it is the 'new hub, very vibrant and more upmarket shops and restaurants. However with this comes the traffic, the carbon monoxide, the noise and lots more people.

Sanur more laid back and relaxed, more market style shopping lots of good restaurants and plenty of accommodation to choose from.

I would recommend stay in Sanur, do a day trip to Kuta and Seminyak to have a look around

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seminyak vs Sanur

Paul there are more hotels along the beach in Sanur than Seminyak and Sanur is more laid back than Seminyak. Sanur is on the east side so gets sunrise and Seminyak has sunset.

Here's a link to my blog from March. There are quite a few photos of Sanur on the first two posts and then if you click "older posts" at the bottom you will get find some photos of Seminyak.

…blogspot.com.au/2012_06_01_archive.html

Hope this helps

Lee

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
18,386 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seminyak vs Sanur

It looks like most people are suggesting Sanur and I agree given what you've mentioned you would prefer and it's not isolated like Jimbaran or Nusa Dua.

Lots of restaurants to choose from, a variety of shops along the main street and a few quiet bars if you do feel like stopping off for a drink somewhere.

It's always nice to go back to Sanur at the end of a day out exploring to relax and have a great meal.

5. Re: Seminyak vs Sanur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 am, December 14, 2013