We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping in Seminyak

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
64 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Shopping in Seminyak

Going to Seminyak for 2 days before heading off to a course. Looking at doing some shopping, where can I find cheap and decent things to buy in Seminyak and/or going to another town eg Legian. Can you suggest places as I am limited for time? Thanks.

The Cheapest Travel Bali - Day Tours
River Rafting & Tubing, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours, Shopping Tours
Souq
Gift & Specialty Shops
Balitaza Green Shop
Gift & Specialty Shops
Positive Negative Visual Gallery
Art Galleries, Beach & Pool Clubs, Bars & Clubs, Literary, Art & Music Tours
Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping in Seminyak

It really depends on what it is you want to buy. Clothes? home wares, souvenirs??

Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,800 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping in Seminyak

Me personally.....

I would go to Biarritz or Geneva for homewares (just about everything actually)

http://www.biarritzhandicraft.com/

http://www.genevahandicraft.com/

I would go to Paisal in Jalan 66 for costume jewellery (opposite warung melati)

I would go to Bintang supermarket for lotions, potions, soaps, bags of coffee etc.

I would go to Animale for clothes, next to Bintang Supermarket.

And in between Jalan 66 and Bintang supermarket on Jalan legian, I would go to Silverberry for real silver and unusual jewellery gifts.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
64 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping in Seminyak

Basically clothes, dvds & homewares. Do you know if they also cater clothes in larger sizes? Thanks

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
64 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shopping in Seminyak

Thanks. Just checking all those places you mentioned are in Seminyak? Or is it worthwhile spending half a day in another town? Looking also for clothes in larger sizes,do they cater for that? Much appreciated.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Shopping in Seminyak

Hi linda,

is seminyak the best place to buy upmarket balinese homewares?

We are looking to buy a nice daybed and maybe have it shipped back to Australia. We love beautiful homewares and need some balinese statues etc- where is best shop to buy these items from?

Thanks

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shopping in Seminyak

I suggest you hire a driver and have a look around. There are also some amazing places in Kerobokan and Seminyak and you will see many statues, urns, mammoth glass ware , stone ware etc as you drive. Day beds and wooden furniture you need to make sure is good wood or it will warp and crack.

Get a shipping container and fill it up . :)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shopping in Seminyak

If you are after ladies (and girls) try Kasai. On seminyak road (left hand side if you are coming from seminyak square). The pick of the shops in our opinion. My girls (wife and two girls) went nuts. Prices very sharp compared to Sydney prices. Highly recommended.

Melbourne...
Level Contributor
161 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Shopping in Seminyak

Hi Perthlovetotravel

Are the stores that you have given a website to fixed price? I have just had a wonderful time looking at these websites. We are going next year in July and I am starting to take notes.

Pam

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Shopping in Seminyak

Hi Bali Lovers of fine contempory furniture .. Please help me with shop names and locations .Not so interested in handicrafts still would like a bali feel about the furniture though . Going in December need quite a few household pieces

Karina

Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,800 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Shopping in Seminyak

Just saw this sorry ozziepam.....yes all fixed price :)