We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seminyak to doublesix area near beach under $70/usd/night

Which Seminyak hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Galveston Texas
Level Contributor
40 posts
118 reviews
Save Topic
Seminyak to doublesix area near beach under $70/usd/night

I came to Bali in 1960 as a child and returned a few time for a brief visit . The last 2 USA /Mexico summers we have gone to Bali.

This year we arrive Aug 14 and have all planned except Sept.

3rd - 13 Looking for economical quaint with AC in1 Bedroom,

a T House or Studio would be terrific about $ 70/night 2 people .

What would you advise ? We are a couple no pets no kids no smoking , in our late 50's. We also have traded homes with our home in Puerto Vallarta Mexico but this year we are looking to rent somewhere. my email is ph1tx @ yahoo point com.

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seminyak to doublesix area near beach under $70/usd/night

The Puri Damai has 1 and 2 bedroom units that are quite Balinese in style with large open, fully equipped kitchens, balcony with day bed, large bedroom and bathroom with shutters.

The location is excellent, next to great cafes and warungs and a short 3 min walk to beach.

Also worth considering as it is quiet and virtually child free is the Sari Beach.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,897 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seminyak to doublesix area near beach under $70/usd/night

Hi Linda52

Welcome Back! :-)

Will there be a "Trip Report"?

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Bali, Canggu, Kerobokan
Level Contributor
8,484 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seminyak to doublesix area near beach under $70/usd/night

Hi gabbyo

Linda 52 - gabbyo is quite right - you have been and come back and we have heard nothing of your holiday. How was it? Did you discover anything new or something old worth talking to us about here on the forum?? Come on - just a little trip report!

Cheers

Galveston Texas
Level Contributor
40 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seminyak to doublesix area near beach under $70/usd/night

Anyone know anything about the Pelangi Bali Hotel in Seminyak ?

It is supposedly on the beach about 3 blocks from double six.

Or do you know about the Dhyana Pura ?

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seminyak to doublesix area near beach under $70/usd/night

Sorry ilab, I don't really have anything of interest to report as I go to visit friends, eat, drink, get facials, massages , walk and totally blob.

I enjoyed every day, even the wet ones and all my plans to go further than South Bali again just went out the window as I was happy being waited on where I was. :)

I ate at a few new places and a few favourites.. Sarong still excellent although it is a worry when your food costs 145,000rp and your drinks 500,000rp eeeek. The next night had 2 beers, lobster, prawns, chicken, rendang, rice, veges etc at Eny's for 90,000rp.

Last month there were reports that many beach bars would be going from the beach but I actually found that the Double 6 pantai is now inundated with portable bars selling beer.

Maybe they have all moved down from Kuta ? but I stopped going to the beach at sunset as the view was obscured by so many 'bars'

The restaurants along the pantai strip are still my favourite. There's nothing nicer than eating over the ocean, Breezier, prettier than the inland streets and all are still operating well. The Seaside re-opened the night I arrived and I can't see what renovations were done, it looks the same. They did say they fixed a step ha ha. Lanai and Blue Ocean also still excellent, but Zanzibar have slipped imho. I don't need huge meals but they have really downsized and the menu not as interesting as it once was. Why is it when one place sees that pizza and pasta is popular, they think they should change theirs to match?

I don't shop any more, but did find some nice clothing in Animale. The outlets are much cheaper than the Kuta store which is silly as the clothes are the same. I bought a suit for 200,000rp less than main store prices.

Oh and I flew home on the new Garuda planes. Excellent fully flat bed seats, top quality food and service. The lounges in Denpasar have cut back on drinks, I guess because they let people pay to get in now, the alcohol consumption got out of hand:). The only lounge serving alcohol now is Prada, downstairs. I had 1 small drink as I figured I would have a couple in the Jakarta layover, but the lounge in Jakarta is alcohol free and no smoking room.

Got a cold, I get one every visit, so am home now sniffling and wishing someone would MAKE MY BED.

So as you see, this is really of no interest, but I gave a bit of waffle as requested ha ha.

6. Re: Seminyak to doublesix area near beach under $70/usd/night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, October 15, 2010