We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help needed choosing Seminyak Villa

Melbourne
Level Contributor
210 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Help needed choosing Seminyak Villa

We are a multi- genereational family group of 12 going to Bali in July and we are interested in staying in Villa accomodation in the Seminyak area.

I have begun researching and am totally overwhelmed by all the fabulous options.

Would prefer a "compound" situation with several villas, perhaps or a 5-6 bedroom villa.

Everything looks great on the internet, so interested in recommendations from people who are able to offer comments on location/quality/management .

Prefer contemporary/modern decor over traditional and would love something with a bit of "wow" factor.

Would love any suggestions!

Shooshy

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,876 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help needed choosing Seminyak Villa

If you type villa crawl in the search box at the top letf hand side of this page, you will find that one of our dedicated regulars (Ilab) has gone beyond the call of duty and has spent a number of days recently, looking at and reviewing villas she has seen. I think there are 5 posts so far - so have a read and look through them all. Hopefully you will find something that is just right for you.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
95 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help needed choosing Seminyak Villa

My friend stayed in Asta Vill at Seminyak in September. They had 12 people altogether staying in the villa and she said it was absolutely wonderful! Here is one of the links: Hope this helps.

http://www.villaasta.com/

Edited: 7:13 pm, January 22, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
95 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help needed choosing Seminyak Villa

Aplogies for typo- should have said Asta Villa

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Bali, Canggu, Kerobokan
Level Contributor
8,588 posts
313 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help needed choosing Seminyak Villa

Hi shooshy61

Please check my Villa Crawl Reports 1- 5 in this forum as Soo says. I have spent days checking out various villas in Seminyak - you might find something good there.

Also I have a new one that I visited only yesterday - Villa Massilia. This is a 2 villa complex which would be ideal for you and your family - there is 1-4 BR villa and 1 3 BR villa - each villa has its own swimming pool and there is a large sliding wooden gate in the wall between the 2 that can be opened making it one large garden area with 2 pools! The villas are beautifully decorated and extremely spacious. i was really impressed by these villas. The location is fantastic too - in a gang within very easy walking distance of Jl Laksmana and also about a 7 minute walk to the beach and Kudeta.

Have a look at their website: www.massiliavilla.com anad don't forget that published rates can be negotiated!

I hope this helps

Cheers

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Bali, Canggu, Kerobokan
Level Contributor
8,588 posts
313 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help needed choosing Seminyak Villa

Hi shoooshy61

Sorry, I just looked up their website but it is actually: www.villamassilianbali.com.

Forgot to say that when you have occupied the whole villa complex there are beds for 14 people which would be just perfect for you.

CHeers

Melbourne
Level Contributor
210 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help needed choosing Seminyak Villa

Thank you so much for all the replies.

Villa Asta looks perfect but is unfortunately booked for our dates.

I am going to read all the Villa Crawl reports, so far could only find report 1 but will try again and am going to look into Villa Massilian.

Keep the suggestions coming!

perth
Level Contributor
161 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help needed choosing Seminyak Villa

We stayed at Villa Massilia last year for 3 weeks in the 4 bedroom Villa. We loved it. We have booked to go again this year. As Ilab said the Villa is lovely and very spacious. The two Villas joined together would be perfect for your family. The rates are very negotiable.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
95 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help needed choosing Seminyak Villa

Hi shooshy61

Have a look at Laksmana Villas. They have a group of villas within the same complex.

http://www.laksmanavillas.com/

My family and I are staying in two of their villas in April. Villa Sembillan and Villa Shinta Dewi. They have great reviews and I have been very happy with my dealings with the booking. I have received two emails from TA's who have stayed there and they have definately recommended them as a great place to stay.

Ilab (a great TA) is over in Bali now doing a wonderful job and is going to report back on her Villa Crawl report regarding these villas. Keep checking for Villa Crawl (Part 6) from Ilab and we'll find out more.

Thanks Ilab!! Hope you are having a bit of holiday too!! You sure do deserve it.

Edited: 2:22 am, January 23, 2010
9. Re: Help needed choosing Seminyak Villa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 23, 2010