We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what 'wierd' things fo you take to bali?

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,078 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
what 'wierd' things fo you take to bali?

HNB commented on my taking cheese to bali fetish.

To get this in perspective, i take 2kg of cheese, kg vegiemite, kg peanut butter and 6 packets of 9 grain vita weets. seems normal tpo me.

what do you take?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
110 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: what 'wierd' things fo you take to bali?

Hope your passport comes through ok Andreaperth,and mentioning passports has reminded me our kids have only 5 months left on theirs and we leave on march 1. We think we need at least 6 months validity to travel,so better move on this one soon.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
12,336 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: what 'wierd' things fo you take to bali?

Yep, you definitely need 6 months on passports.

perth
Level Contributor
2,091 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: what 'wierd' things fo you take to bali?

I've only got 5 months left on mine too. I was told that when they changed over to the new passports sometimes information was crossed over from one person to another. I was asked if I was known by another name other than my birth name and married name, when I said no they asked Are you sure??!! Yes I'm surely sure!!!! Anyway, I have to ring back on the 5th (it will be my 6th call) to see if they have been able to fix the problem or I'll have to fork out for original documents and start from scratch.....how annoying!

So the moral to the story is........start organising your renewals a little early incase you run into trouble!!

Mandurah, Australia
Level Contributor
1,488 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: what 'wierd' things fo you take to bali?

My half sisters mother was supposed to fly to Bali for Christmas but got to the airport with only 4 months left on her passport....so guess where she ended up for Christmas...Not in Bali

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,078 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: what 'wierd' things fo you take to bali?

i guess its weird to take an out of date passport.

perth
Level Contributor
2,091 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: what 'wierd' things fo you take to bali?

HA HA!!!!! Yes that would be weird and awful being told you couldn't go on your holiday!

37. Re: what 'wierd' things fo you take to bali?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 26, 2010