We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Metis restarant ???

Which Seminyak hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
victoria
Level Contributor
267 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Metis restarant ???

Is this place opened yet & whats is like ??

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Bali, Canggu, Kerobokan
Level Contributor
8,484 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Metis restarant ???

No,

Metis is not open yet. I saw one the owners last week who told me they are going to open on 16th October. I'm sure it will be fabulous. Have a look at their website: www.metisbali.com.

victoria
Level Contributor
267 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Metis restarant ???

Hi "ilab" !!!!

LOL!!! I was nearly going to PM u with this query.

I knew u would know the low down on this topic!!!! LOL!!!!

I have been also told it is going to be the next fab resturant in Bali !

Good as Sarong ?????? HHHmmmm ?

Thanx

PS Was interested to see u went up to "Alam Anda" .....how divine is this place....only had cocktails there, Happy Hour . I thought it was so beautiful !

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Bali, Canggu, Kerobokan
Level Contributor
8,484 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Metis restarant ???

HI babette69

I think we may have a lot of things in common:-) I am a foodie and just love nearly all the restaurants in Bali, from the cheapest to the best, I'm afraid. My love of food started really when I was married to a French chef and lived in France for many, many years. I honestly think that Metis is going to be fabulous - I am a great fan of Kafe Warisan and had my last meal there with the current owners last Saturday night - quite sad really. Anyhow, I believe these boys will do a great job at Metis- it certainly is bigger than Ben Hur and will make an impact I'm sure.

Last Sunday night I went to another new restaurant which is nearly opposite the Metis building called Sardine. It was only their 2nd night and it was quite busy. The decor is gorgeous - 2 rice paddies in front of the huge bamboo structure which houses the main restaurant and a white themed decor with gorgeous umbrellas etc and very clever lighting. I think the menu is a little limited though and the French owner needs to get rid of that French attitude where they only greet other French diners and forget that others exist! It happens frequently in Bali - little do they realise that I speak fluent French and when I make a comment in French they are quite surprise/embarrassed! Anyhow, I am waffling on here.

Yes Alam Anda is just beautiful and I am very disappointed that such places don't get more publicity - it is certainly extremely peaceful, has wonderfully maintained gardens and it looks as though the dive school etc is all very well run and maintained. A great place to get away from the hustle and bustle of the south.

victoria
Level Contributor
267 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Metis restarant ???

Hey "ilab"....U know wot us Melbounites are like with our "food" !

And we are so so spoilt here ! As you know, one of my first french experiences was in a Terrace near MCG in the mid 80's!!!! LOL!!!

I lovvvveee, clever , interesting , yummy food.

So, its the fellows from Kafe Warisan.....are opening Metis ???

And Bali was just !!!@@##@@!!! Words fail me...SO good ! And yes....from the cheapest little tucked away warung. Found a fab little place in Penestanan village near yoga school. "Made's Warung".....her food was just sensational ! And she was SUCH a character, she knows all the gossip around Penestanan apparently!!......to think there is such a thing as Bali gossip!!!! LOL!!!I love that !

And next Bali trip.....Ive decided there will be one, to head staight from airport up to Alam Anda for first 4/5 nites, wot a way to start a Bali holiday!

Babette x

5. Re: Metis restarant ???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, March 09, 2010